TouringPlans Travel Agency

Hi everyone!

You may or may not know, but TouringPlans also now has a travel agency! It seemed like a relatively natural step and who doesn’t want to make a big business move during a pandemic.

This is not totally an ad, however, but a question that I as of you, our regular TouringPlans user. What do you feel is the best way for us to remind you (or inform you for the first time) that we are an agency? Some options would be a general email, adding links to the agency from more TouringPlans web pages, or social media.

Additionally, what incentives would make you think about booking with us if you normally book your own travel? We are already giving a complimentary subscription or extension for WDW, DLR, and UOR bookings and things like onboard credit for cruises, but is there something else reasonable that would sway your decision? Options we have thrown around are progressive merch like luggage tags, portable batteries, or t-shirts. Or perhaps an insider club of some sort for regular travelers that would have its own perks (tbd)?

Thank you again for your time. If you’re interested the travel agency page is here.

7 Likes

All of the above!! Get the word out and good luck :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

This as a main link on banner. I also think it should be on dashboard for members.

6 Likes

Do you get any benefit if I book just book a Universal Hotel room (at the APH rate) through Touring Plans instead of doing it myself? For this trip, we already have flights, and annual passes, and we’ll be taking Ubers or Lyfts for transportation. This will be my fifth trip in just over two years, although my first time in the new hotel.

1 Like

Yes this.

Also, for non-members on the homepage. Have the travel agency service clearly displayed. Maybe even appearing as it’s own division of TP. And anything else to help it display on general search results for Orlando travel agencies.

1 Like

I realize that this is probably out of the realm of possibility with how things are going, but the only real reason as a seasoned veteran of WDW that I would ever book with a travel agency is if they could offer me a benefit I wasn’t getting on my own. Either a discount above something Disney offered (though that seems to be less and less available through TAs that made a name for themselves doing it), ticket discounts, etc. I mean, I think offering something such as a free subscription can be a good tool to reel people in who may use a TA anyway and need that guidance, but for seasoned travelers, it just seems like a hassle to use a TA unless I can get a tangible benefit from it. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

I was thinking about this the other day. I remember seeing the initial posting on chat but honestly I have not read anything about it since then.

Is @AnnetteJackson working with the agency? I ask because it is the cruise experience that as a Disney fan I always work with an agent to book.

Also, please just be clear what you are willing to book and what you are not. Many of us will use agents just to support one another. Although we might be loyal to our agents, we would be happy to add TP to our referral lists.

4 Likes

This. I don’t love handing control of my vacation to someone else, but might be more amenable to it for discounts or another tangible benefit.
I recently experienced this with UTs travel agency. It was a huge hassle with all the resort closings, and if it weren’t for the big savings, I’d be hard pressed to do it again.

2 Likes

In-room celebration? Magic bands? As allergy diners, up-to-date menus for all the open eateries?

This is theoretical. I won’t travel to WDW till virus under more control (mostly due to the flight for us with touchy kids). But like in a year? Good luck!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to check out the new agency!! I’ve booked both with and without an agent and have had mixed results. Free merch and discounts are always a winner in my book. Congrats on the new business!!

1 Like

I remember seeing the original post about it, but I don’t recall seeing any mention of it since.

I’m a control freak when it comes to vacations, so I personally can’t use a travel agent (and that’s with having a personal friend that does it - I rarely let her book things- I have had negative experiences before)

I don’t know much about what other travel agencies are offering these days as I too like to research and book my own vacations and be in full control. However, that being said if someone were to reserve my ADR’s and FP’s( when they become available). Maybe 1:1 video consult via zoom on vacation planning. Access to a video library of Vlogs perhaps on top disney restaurants, best quick snacks other topics. I dunno just throwing some ideas out there.

Congratulations!

Since a great many of your members on this site or your main site are type A planners, you might start by appealing to the planner or the person struggling with plans.

Also, make sure you mention that there is no cost to using a travel agent, so people don’t assume they are locked in and being charged.

You might throw in a free or discounted TP 1 year membership for any trip booked.

1 Like

Discounts are good. Having access to stuff I want on my vacation that I can’t get on my own would be good. Disney specific stuff would be dining reservations, (currently) park reservations, specific rooms, and (previously) fast passes.

The times I have used a travel agent were because of being aware of newly released lodging discounts and applying them to current reservations for me. Typically, at that time, we were booking at least 8 months out and booking multiple rooms.

Not sure merch would be an incentive.

1 Like

@PrincipalTinker I’m thinking a podcast with @AnnetteJackson and some other familiar podcasters could help…

4 Likes

Although for many of us @AnnetteJackson first became a respected wdw agent from the old wdwtoday podcast. I personally would love to know she would be helping book cruises!

Also, I am a DVC owner but tell me about your Universal services!

I completely ignored @thekid’s genius idea…genius!

2 Likes

I agree with folks who have said help with perks…hard to get reservations, any discounts,

2 Likes

I like some of the ideas above, but I would focus on the numbers. You are analyzing the data more than the others. You have insights they don’t have. I think it is what sets you apart from the rest. Link that to some of the services that you offer, like getting reservations, Fastpasses (when they return) etc. Personalized help with their touring plans? They tell you what they want to do and you create the plans, optimize etc.

2 Likes

Ugh! I miss the old podcast! I’m re-listening to older episodes on YouTube. I started with episode 1 - my how it changed over the years!

2 Likes

Can you create a section of the forum and title it something like Touring Plans Booking Info or some much more creative title?

I most likely will be reaching out about 2021 deals for Universal after I have a better idea on the new coaster. I know the TP website might have more info about travel but honestly I hardly ever use that site (app and forum have always been my go to)

1 Like