TouringPlans needs your help on Value Resorts: How do you decide?

[quote=“NeedaTurkeyLeg, post:40, topic:10309”]
I know people slam the All Stars all the time but, in reality they don’t always share buses[/quote]
I’ve stayed at All-Stars a number of times and have yet to experience the reputed horrendous bus service that I keep hearing about. There are other things that may turn people off (like the higher probability you’ll share the resort with a large tour group/football team/cheerleader), but transportation isn’t much of a problem. At any Disney resort you’re likely to have one or two long waits for buses at some point during your stay, so I’m guessing when that happens to someone staying at an All-Star Resort then it feeds into the perception that their bus service is worse than other locations.

You’re right about rarely sharing buses. I posted my experiences with that on the transportation thread you linked to, but it doesn’t happen as often as many people think. Even when buses are shared among the All-Star, it doesn’t take any more time than moderates with multiple bus stops.

1 Like

Thanks, @FlyerFan1973! Our first four stays were at ASMo and, in fact, although we stayed POR last trip and WL/AKL this upcoming trip, my son was pining for the oversized icons and Sorcerer Mickey pool at Movies. During those roughly 40 days, we had about one bus problem per trip, same as our stays at POR. We never had the horror stories we have heard applied to the All Stars.

Nice to know we aren’t the only ones.

We have stayed at value resorts on 4 different trips. We actually went back to value after a few trips to moderate resorts. When picking a value resort, we consider two main factors: 1. Transportation 2. Walk to buses (very long walk from LM rooms to buses and main building). Our two favorite resorts are All-Star Sports and Pop Century.

We decide on 1) bus service and 2) noise level of other guests. For several years now we have stayed at Pop, and never consider changing to another value.

We have stayed in the Nemo suites at AOA and at POP. We like POP for the one bus stop and that we can walk to AOA for food at Landscapes. We have not considered any other value resorts because we liked our experience at POP so much! For the same price of the suites at AOA we can rent DVC points and stay at a deluxe resort so we have not stated at AOA since.

1 Like

Out of the All Stars we have always chosen Sports because it is the last pickup for buses for the Allstars and the first drop off.

We go with value resorts for long weekends trips when we know we will be maximizing our time at the parks. Our chief priority in these cases are getting to and from the parks quickly and easily. So for us, transportation is key, and then price, which makes Pop our first choice.

My husband and I enjoyed AS Music last trip. The price was good, and we are not too into sports, but chose the next one on the loop music. If transportation was the issue I would pick Sports because that is the first to get dropped off. Looking forward to going back.