Touring resorts as off-site guest

If we want to spend an evening riding the monorail around to those resorts, or take the boat over to FW, where can we park? Do we have to go to the TTC and pay to park? For boat tour from EP to HS, does Boardwalk have free 3-hour parking still? Thanks!

Without a ADR , you need to pay to park. Either TTC or valet.

1 Like

You could probably park in DTD (free) and go from there, although I understand that parking there stinks right now due to construction.

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend this. Buses to and from DTD have always been lousy in my experience, and from what I’ve heard, the area around DTD is a traffic nightmare. I think @aarey would be better off paying for valet or TTC parking. The commute from DTD to the resorts can be quite long. I’d guess 30 minutes round-trip from the Contemporary to DTD, another 30 minutes back; that’s an hour not factoring in a potential wait for the buses. Valet is $20. For me, it would be worth it to take advantage of valet rather than potentially spend over an hour in commuting time.

1 Like

Depends on time of year. Busy times (right now), I agree that you must have an ADR to visit a resort. Less busy times, you just need to say you’re planning to eat at a QS in the resort. They’ll give you a parking pass and direct you to a place to park. Most resorts will advise a 3 hr max for parking there, but I’ve never heard of anyone being towed while doing this.

I’d advise parking at GF or WL… Poly has so much construction and CR is notorious for people trying to do this to go to MK without paying for parking (more strict).

1 Like

Never heard of paying to park at a resort. I’d avoid parking at Contemporary since they do question you, same goes for Beach Club. Poly is just really tight, and they do occasionally stop people too. WL and Boardwalk would be my recommendations for each area. Never had a problem at either. If they do give you an issue say you’re going to the bar or something.

1 Like

Just be honest with the parking attendants. If there’s room in the lot, then they’ll let you in. I’ve parked at Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower after telling the attendant that I wanted to watch the fireworks from there. That won’t work on 4th of July, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve, but most times of year they’ll accommodate guests whenever possible. Just be polite and ask the attendant for their help.

I will note that I’ve been turned away once from the Boardwalk lot in mid-March, but suspect on of the Epcot resorts would have found room for me. I agree with @TheGraceysButler that Wilderness Lodge is probably a safe option, since I’d be surprised if their parking lot fills up very often. I have an Annual Pass, but I believe if you tell the folks at the Magic Kingdom toll gates that you’re going to the resorts that you won’t be charged for parking (make sure you stay to the far right when you approach those booths).

1 Like