Touring Plans Wish

Does anyone else think it would be helpful if there were an option in the touring plans software where you could indicate that you will be at rope drop?

When the system tells me that I will wait 24 minutes for Space Mountain if it’s my very first ride of the day, I know it can’t be assuming that I’m there at the front of rope drop like I will be. Not a huge deal, but I’d love that feature.

1 Like

Add a break to your plan immediately at rope drop. Then it will drop that time down.

1 Like

But yeah, it’s a workaround and it would be good if workarounds were not necessary. Only those who have been around a while learn the workarounds. We pass them on to newer subscribers but only those who know enough to ask.

1 Like

You helped me with that a few months ago, and I already forgot. Thanks for the reminder :grimacing:

1 Like

Currently both Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Saucer Spin are showing ~5 minute waits at Rope Drop in mid July. We know that isn’t even close to right! I put a 30 minute break after each of them, but that’s just a guess.

I wish there was a way to report these odd predictions so they can be corrected.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes. This seems like an assumption that could be built in and would be really helpful.

1 Like

I added a 5 minute break right at opening time and it dropped my Space Mountain time fro 24 minutes to 23 minutes. :smile: Ah well, it’s not an exact science.

1 Like

:laughing:

I wish there was a way to add directly restaurant outside the resort. Not necessarily for time but mostly for a reminder that I booked that place! I know you can add it as a customized thing, but still.

1 Like

They don’t have any historical wait times to make predictions with for new rides. But you can report anything odd to webmaster@touringplans.com.

Just ensuring the break thing was clear…you make an educated guess kind of on how long it would take to walk there, walk the queue and ride the actually ride and put that in as the “break”. I actually inputted a “meal” at a location near the ride because otherwise it does not calculate the time for walking to your next attraction right.

I looked at how long people said something took to do on the forum or else put in the ride with a fast pass to see how long it’s shortest duration might be to calculate how long the meal/break might need to be and then removed the ride/FP and just inserted the break/meal time.

Just spelling out since it sounded like you added a break before SM but left SM in your plan.

2 Likes

Rather than add a ‘break time’ to the plan I just a fictitious FP to the tour plan for that first ride.
Touring plans will let you add extra FP. That way all other times are included, such as walk times, ride times, short wait times, ect.

5 Likes

I think the way to indicate RD at MK is to select the opening show as an “attraction.” Then it knows you’ll be there at RD. I don’t think there’s anything like this for the other parks, though.

2 Likes

Sometimes include the opening show is better than a break for estimate first attraction time

2 Likes