Touring Plans Reservation Finder success

I click the link in the text. I also save the restaurant’s webpage to my phone’s home screen so that I can click right to the restaurant and put in my time.

I read somewhere that the link that is sent out only works for the first person who clicks it (not sure if true). So I started to use the button I created on my home screen too.

Both approaches have worked for me.

Can you set the email address that the notification comes from as a VIP on your phone? Then you can get a notification as soon as you get the email. Also on your phone, check your email settings to make sure that it is checking for new emails frequently. Your phone might only check for new email when you open the app (saves battery and data) unless you tell it otherwise.

The dinner is incredible. My kids got mac and cheese and chicken nuggets, and I still consider it worth every penny. I didn’t think it was that busy though - they seated us quicker then every other TS on Disney property. Maybe they don’t take “too many” reservations like most restaurants.

As far as reservation finder - it has literally gotten every ADR I’ve looked for over three trips. It is amazing.

‘Ohana is notorious for extremely late seating, although recently people have complained that they have been rushed through their meals so maybe that’s their way of trying to combat it.

Interesting. I think we waited for 5 minutes.

Though I’ve never been to ‘Ohana, we didn’t wait to be seated at any restaurant and saw all characters (we did 4 character meals) within 45 mins on our last trip. People are always amazed.

I think we are both obviously just lucky!

Hi I’m a bit technologically challenged. Where would I go to change the settings?

Why exactly at 1:30pm?

I had 1.30 for 4 of us, but then I started hearing that you couldn’t use credits for people not on your reservation (which is just me and DS). You’re also not allowed to split the bill when you preorder, which we will. So I was looking for a reservation for my parents at the same time, or close enough. I also tried calling Disney to ask if they could reduce mine to 2 people, freeing up a reservation for 2 people that I could immediately snag for my parents - they said they couldn’t because that would require them to book a different reservation for 2 people that wasn’t currently available - they couldn’t just knock 2 people off mine.

I never got anything close enough - lots of 12.55 and 1.55s, as well as earlier and later. And now I’ve decided just to use my reservation for 4 as I’m confident it’s not going to be an issue.

Wow! Complicated…hope it turns out well.

With or without a reservation? 45 min wait would not make me happy. Or did you mean 45 min meal time?

Not as complicated as it sounds! It will be fine, I had a panic based on a couple of reports about people being given a hard time and I shouldn’t have.

I said we didn’t wait to be seated at any restaurant - that was with ADRs of course. Normally people say you need to allow 90 mins for a character meal because it takes a long time for them to come round but at all 4 we did, we saw them all in 45 mins. We didn’t leave that quickly at all 4 because we were still eating, but we could have.

1 Like

I can’t ever remember a 90 min character meal. 45 minutes has been typical. PPO or more recent trips late breakfast.
We might have hit 90 one supper at O’Hanas counting arriving early and then w a i t i n g to be seated. Which was ok, we were waiting to see the kiss goodnight anyway. Which was clearly seen even from our table in the middle, away from the windows.

Are you on an iPhone?

Maybe you’re lucky too. There are plenty of reports of people leaving character meals after 70 minutes still having not yet seen all the characters. Or maybe we’re having normal experiences and others are having bad luck.

Regardless, for planning purposes Liner wisdom is that you should always allow 90 mins for a character meal. I’ve allowed an hour and I don’t mind missing some characters.

No cheap old Android for me.

Ah, I had some for June I was letting go of.

Well, I don’t know much about android, but if you are using gmail, this site tells you how to do it. If you aren’t using gmail, perhaps someone else will have some tips.

This was our experience. If you count the time waiting to be seated as well CP was about 90 minutes, TH was about 105 minutes. Even CRT was over an hour. Akershus was just a little over but we were one of the first to be seated at 5pm which is when dinner starts.

I’d always budget 90 minutes for an TS meal characters or not. Even Sci-fi was close to over an if you need include waiting for a table.