Touring Plans. Needs an upgrade for People like us

In the “old” days, when you could book FP+ in advance, the touring plans seemed to be exactly like I imagined and was very accurate. You knew exactly what you were getting.
I am just now working on my plans for a May trip. TP is estimating arrival time to your first ride and is estimating the most likely LL that one can obtain. The problem is that the estimate is based on 1) the fact that you are in the middle of the pact at RD and 2) you are booking your first LL at ½hour after the earliest times. (I did enter the earliest time to obtain LL)
It would be nice if TP could give a person the option to calculate times based on the fact that you are at the front of the line and that you will obtain your first LL in the first 2 minutes.
It frustrating seeing that TP first LL suggestion is StarTours when I know that I will be able to get something better using BG1 right at 7:00:01

1 Like

I had similar issues on my trip last week. My DD18 was ridiculously successful with BG1. I would have a plan for the first four rides of the day, put in what we got for LL and optimize from there. I dont see how TP could assume that everyone would always be successful with BG1 as too many things could go wrong. Bad network, payment issues etc. Also, even with the best of intentions, we weren’t always at the head of the pack for rope drop. TBH, with BG1 and TP we really didn’t need to be anyway.

2 Likes

I was with someone that asked Len about this and for all the reasons you said (plus- buses!) he suggested to always just optimize after your first attraction and the software will adjust. It sounds like that worked for you.

Although I guess some people never want to optimize and that would be an issue.

2 Likes

I dont like to optimize until my first break(after 3 to 4 rides) as optimization can take a few minutes of valuable EE time. I do make sure to input as many wait times as possible early in the morning as that seems to really help TP to adjust crowd level correctly.

2 Likes

Okay that makes sense. I will use TP suggestions for the first 3 or 4 rides then enter any LL I have and then OPTIMIZE after that. I shouldn’t have to be on the phone for that long.

1 Like

My problem with optimizing is that when I select minimize walking the software still have me criss crossing the park a few times with a random thing or 2 so out of place it makes no sense. Which I just can’t do. So I HAVE to evaluate. I would love if the software put a little more emphasis on less walking when minimize walking is selected. Or maybe have 4 options and have a somehwat minimize walking and a true minimize walking.

1 Like