Touring Plan - not using EMH rides even though they are open

I’m creating a touring plan using the EMH option for Magic Kingdom on May 20th.

In my optimized touring plan, it is only showing two attractions in my plan for the early morning hours even though I have plenty of attractions that are open for EMH (per the Disney website). The rest of the attractions on my plan say “Opens: 9:00am” even though this is not true based on the Disney website. It is leaving me with a long wait of 44 minutes for Space Mountain because it shows it opening at 9am (instead of EMH).

I checked the list of EMH attractions on Disney’s website (see list copied below).

Why is my touring plan not including these attractions in the EMH plan? I have 10 from this list on my plan but only 2 are showing up in plan for EMH times.

Participating Attractions
During Extra Magic Hours, select attractions will be open at a park for your enjoyment.

Please note that attractions are subject to change and may not always be operational. To learn about any unplanned closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app, or refer to the printed Times Guide.

Magic Kingdom Park — Mornings
The following attractions are open during morning Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom park:

Astro Orbiter
The Barnstormer
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tales with Belle
"it’s a small world"
Mad Tea Party
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Peter Pan’s Flight
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress

I don’t think that the Magic Kingdom has EMHs on May 20th! :frowning:

Looks like MK is hosting Early Morning Magic on May 20 - a separate hard ticket event that only has a few rides open in fantasyland.

This is not the same as Extra Magic Hours, which is a free early-park-opening for onsite resort guests.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar/date/2018-05-20

1 Like

Thank so much for clarifying these two different events!! They have such similar names, and I was rushing through and completely missed this very important distinction!

I pride myself on being “Disney-savvy”, but this was definitely a new one for me!

Thanks!