Touring plan...for my tummy!

Okay trying to figure it out. It’ll be daughters bday so maybe worth it and maybe I can get some balloons put in the room if I can get her to a reservation. She likes Disney floral and gifts. I did it on our mother and daughter trip to DLR with Halloween goodies oct 2019 and she said “you made my night” when she walked in and saw it. I won’t ever forget how happy she was.

3 Likes

Poutine!:heart_eyes:

Geyser Point. We had the bison burger and a salad. The salad was typical but the bison burger with the waffle fries are the bomb! :yum:

Scary Cat at Port Orleans, if open for Beignets.

3 Bridges - Sirloin and lamb chops

Satu’li!

Funnel Cake at Epcot!

We still dream about the cream cheese pretzel. But @Randall1028, who I got the tip from, says they are not longer that great.

We love, love the breakfast bowls at Woody’s in HS!

Mac & Cheese Balls at Wine Bar George in DS. They were delicious!

Amorettes!

CA Grill is a must for us. The seafood and sushi are excellent. The family shared sushi. DS had the filet and mac & cheese. DD had sashimi and grouper. DH had mahi mahi. I was coming down with the flu on our last trip. I order chicken noodle soup off of the child’s menu and they gave me an adult portion. It was delicious. I was so sick already, just the broth would have been fine. It had so much noodles!

We enjoy D-luxe Burgers, Boathouse, and Paddlefish in DS.

Looking at all the foods here is making me hungry! Hope you get to enjoy lots of yummy food for your tummy!

6 Likes

This is what I will be ordering!

1 Like

So many good suggestions here, but I’ll add one I didnt see mentioned…the Pongu Lumpia at Pongu Pongu in Animal Kingdom. It is a must do (and maybe more than one) on every trip for me!

1 Like

Our family enjoyed the blue milk but barely tolerated the green. There was something about it that vaguely reminded us of grass?

Are they currently serving this? It isn’t showing on their menu. Or is it included like a bread basket? I can’t recall from when we were there in January 2020. I’m really struggling with this one for our June trip. Our family wanted to go there again, but are uncertain after looking at their drastically pared down menu.

Many of the dishes we enjoyed (shu mai, trader lamb, whole fish) or wanted to try (seafood stew, steak salad) are not available. The Thai noodles are the only things remaining from our top choices. The recent reviews on the pork and chicken dishes seemed mixed, and we already plan to have steak at Narcoossee’s and Le Cellier.

The alternative I am considering is Capt. Cooks, since we were planning to leave the park after a late lunch anyway. Presumably cheaper and quicker too.

Thoughts?

Are those 2 variations currently available? Not seeing them on their menu…

Trying to focus on what we can do rather than what we can’t do (global pandemic after all!), but gosh, these missing menu items are a taunt!

1 Like

It’s an off-menu item that they will serve if asked.

2 Likes

Sleepy Hollow fruit & Nutella waffle
Dole whip float
Gaston’s cinnamon role
Corn dog nuggets from Casey’s
Satuli Canteen bowl
Bread service from Sanaa
Nomad Lounge drinks & apps
Mr. Kamal fries
Karamel Kuche
Snowcone from Japan

I’ll keep thinking…

1 Like

Ah, that’s why I didn’t remember them. My kids love those things (we get them from Costco so I’m assuming fresh is even better). Is that enough to sway me back… :thinking:

I wonder if there’s any way to get some to go…?

2 Likes

My sleepy hollow waffles with ice cream were a Halloween special, but the waffles themselves were ridiculous, so get them with nutella or fruit or powdered sugar (or ask if they can put a scoop of ice cream on them!).

2 Likes

Are they significantly different than the Mickey waffles at Capt Cooks? (I’m already planning to get those for breakfast one day.)

Speaking of, there are Mickey waffles on both the adult and kids menu at Capt Cooks. Is the adult portion larger or are they basically the same?

1 Like

Children’s Mickey waffles at IGG/GF were 2 instead of 3 for adults

2 Likes

I’m going to tap @Randall1028 in here on this one. I’ve only had waffles at Sleepy Hollow and Chef Mickey’s. The ones at Sleepy Hollow were, in my opinion, superior, but that could all just be in my head…

2 Likes

Jack-Jack’s Num-Num Cookie at the Joffrey’s stand at the intersection of TSL and the previous Incredibles meet-and-greet

1 Like

just saw – great minds…

2 Likes

My DH walked in as I was making my spreadsheet.

I thought he’d be happy I finally (12 years later) am making one of my very own.

He took one look and walked right back out. I’m pretty sure I heard him mutter “Snacks?”

Amateur.

5 Likes

The Brazilian cheese bread was an on menu item as a daily special along with their fish of the day (Corvina) last Friday when we were there for lunch. It wasn’t on my list but when he mentioned it we immediately said in unison “yep getting that!”. :rofl:. We’ve had two Brazilian au pairs and were lucky enough to visit Thanksgiving before last so all of
mine are addicted to pao de queijo to the point where I was a little nervous because they’ve all had it done right! Bravo to Skipper though because it was exactly like we had it in Rio to the point where DD10 said “oh yeah I remember these we had them at - Brazilian restaurant on our trip we loved”. She thought they were one and the same after taking a bite! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Also I loved the char Sui pork and everyone was taking bites off my plate so I wouldn’t shy away from Skipper we loved everything we got there!

Comes with 9 cheese bread balls but mine were so quick to pounce I didn’t get a pic fast enough!

5 Likes

This isn’t normally a place we would try, but your pictures and reviews changed my mind!