Tour in a day?

We’ve never been to Universal, but this year the kids discovered roller coasters, so maybe this should be the year.

Can you do all there is to do in a day at Universal Orlando? I’m talking rides worth riding and seeing the Harry Potter stuff. I assume we’d need the fastpass equivalent?

1 Like

You can, just about, but two days would be better, particularly without EPs.

1 Like

What if we bought the passes? We will only have one day. Also do you have to RD it?

You can go to the parks, assess how crowded it is and then decide whether or not to buy an EP. It isn’t a reservation system like WDW, just EP (like FP) lanes. I usually RD and head for the WWoHP areas but it is nowhere near as early or busy as WDW. The whole thing is much more relaxing, but follow one of the touring plans so that you don’t miss anything.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s hard to imagine going to a park without all the things we’re used to, like a set personalized plan with booked FPs and RDing with the great masses. :slight_smile:

More relaxed, even if it’s busy will be a nice change.

1 Like

I have been to DRL at least 70 times and have never used a TP or ADR and have always arrived after 11am…last time was in October. The MaxPass was great and well worth the extra $$$!

1 Like

One of us is in the wrong park😉.

1 Like

As a SoCal resident for over 45 years, you learn what works best for you and and your family when visiting both DLR parks. The key is too NEVER visit the parks during the Christmas holidays and late June to mid August unless level 10 crowds are your thing. If you avoid those time periods, a TP isn’t necessary, and ADRs are only necessary for character dining or a few sit-down restaurants.

1 Like

I am not disputing your advice and information. Thank you for sharing it. Does it apply to UOR?:slight_smile:

I hadn’t had my breakfast yet so sorry if I sounded feisty…Tone is often hard to communicate online…I am a retired teacher so I am a bit formal and direct.

What I wanted to originally communicate is that I am just amazed how much people put into their Disney planning. It’s my hope that uber-planners can truly enjoy their experience (because it’s that the point of visiting Disney Resorts) and not just worry about staying on track with their TP.

BTW, what’s UOR?

2 Likes

Universal Studios. That’s the forum you’re in. Universal Orlando Resort, to be specific.

I think, depending on when you go, you can get through everything at Universal in a day if you have the Express Pass. And by “everything” I mean, in the very least, the things really worth doing. There are plenty of things worth skipping if time is short, including, but not limited to, Twirl and Hurl, Stormforce Accelleratron, Jurassic Park River Adventure (although, still nice to see if you don’t mind getting wet), a few of the Seuss rides, Transformers, Shrek 3D (yes…even if you love Shrek…movie is dated), The Woody Woodpecker coaster, E.T. (okay, nostagia says otherwise, and the queue is cool…but the ride is very dated and is trying too hard to be Peter Pan’s Flight). Not that you SHOULD skip them, only that if you don’t have time, they are the ones I’d put on the bottom of the priority list.

2 Likes

LOL I am a “bad” girl!!!

2 Likes

Not at all!! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve answered a question only to have to delete it when I realised it was about DL where I’ve never been!

1 Like

I am going to say no. @ryan1 is correct that you can do a lot in one day if you skip several things, have EP and are there when park hours are long, but can you do “everything”? No. That would take at least two days. So I suggest you research what you really want to do and just focus on that so you can really enjoy it.

3 Likes

Thanks. Knowing next to nothing about UOR, except Harry Potter, I will definitely have to do some research. If doing the “best” things is possible in a day, I’ll invest the time. We could do another WDW day, but I thought something different would be nice.

2 Likes