Torn about touring strategy

I was about to say it depends on your party size. We had 5 in early March and our plans got messed up we didn’t end up rope dropping PP and I could never get a FP for it and never rode it. Same thing happened for DH at BTMR. So with a group of 5 or more I would book FP for your must do rides like PP, 7dmt, BTMR. Then if you do get on them at rope drop edit to something else because the others are more readily avaialable.

1 Like

This would definitely be a concern for me. I fear burning through FPs early in the morning when I don’t really need them and then, because my group is a little bigger, not being able to get anything else worthwhile. Hmm…tough decision.

I have been using the chart at this link to see what might be available at different times same day. Is there another way to look? For example, without tickets today is there a way I can see what FPs are still available in the parks right now?

https://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/05/day-of-fp/

Edited: Through the Lines App. Found it! Nevermind.

Yes, my above list was put together by looking at the app at 1:45pm.

1 Like

Yes it is…but just remember even if you burn thru the ones in the morning and can’t get anything until later you can eat an early lunch then fill the afternoon with anytime attractions like Philharmagic, HOP, pirates adventure, etc. Then try to score additional in the evning which I found to be easier than mid afternoon.

1 Like

Our first MK day is a MVMCP day, so there won’t be options of evening FPs, but I’ll definitely keep that in mind for our second day later in the week when the park is open until 12am.

Oohhh the party day will make a huge difference in FP availability, esp in the afternoon as party guests start to arrive and use their pre-booked FP. You will find there will be less available in the afternoon on that day, so you may want to spread them out a bit more over late morning and early afternoon. Overall crowds should be less that day so standby might be shorter. This might be a good day to catch the FoF parade too.

On the day its open until 12 you will find much more available, even though the evening might seem more crowded but thats because ppl want to see the firewroks. And if you can make it til midnight it would be great!

1 Like

With larger groups it helps to have a couple of people in the party look for FPs for 2 or 3 people and aim for overlapping FP windows.

1 Like

I’m headed for our first trip. Most of our FPP are roughly 10-11, 11-12, 12-1. Twofold…we are planning on rope drop or close, but coming from west coast. So if we don’t get moving as quick as we hope, we technically don’t have to be on rides til 11am. But hoping to get some less crowded ones before we start using them. Then we’ll see what’s available again starting early afternoon.

We just did this on Easter. Park opened at 8am, no EMH. We were right at the rope to Adventureland, did JC, Pirates, Splash, and then BTMR with a FPP (booked 8-9 wanting to use it close to 9. I had thought they would add 7am EMH like every other Easter, but they did not). Then we rode IASW, 7D with FPP, then Under the Sea. Rode HM with FPP right at 10. Worked great, the left side of MK is much less crowded in the morning.
If it is a 7am EMH day, we would go to Space, Buzz, and maybe one other ride, then head across the Hub to be close to the Adventureland rope then follow above plan.

Try for a little later in the morning, as crowds are building. 10:30ish, 11:30ish, 12:30ish - gives plenty of time to get extras for later. If leaving the park, add one for your expected return time as the first fourth