Toppolino's at 10:50 on our only HS day

I got a Toppolino’s Terrace reservation for 10:50 AM but I’m wondering if I should keep it. We only have one HS day (plenty for us since DD has no interest in Star Wars) and the official park open is 9 AM. I think the opening will stay at that time. Do you think that is too much of a rush if we rope drop? We are going in June so we were planning mid-day breaks to escape the crowds & heat. We don’t have PH (yet anyways). I was thinking it would be nice to ride the Skyliner over to the Riviera. I have a backup Chef Mickey’s for one of our MK days but Toppolino’s looks nicer to me.

I have some time to think about it but wanted your opinions. Thank you!

1 Like

I think it’s doable honestly. I’d get to DHS by 7:45am or so and try to ride 3 or 4 things by 9:30am if possible and then skyliner to breakfast. I would think the line to Riviera skyline won’t be like the one to get to DHS.

Edit: I might not even go back to DHS till much later for whatever section you decide to tackle later like if you do TSL and MMRR in the AM then go back later for ToT and RnR. One of the two sets you will have lines for. You might also be able to do MMRR, ToT and RnR in the AM and do TSL later.

2 Likes

Thank you! That is a good idea. DD is too small for RnR right now so we will skip that. If we can hit TSL and MMRR in the AM then come back for TOT that will work for us.

I think you might be able to do MMRR, SDD, TSM and AS2 by 9:30-945 with an 810/15am park open. When the park officially opened at 10am we were able to do MMRR, SDD and TSM by 10:30/45am and I think that with an hour earlier the lines will be shorter still. Have you done RotR? Even if you’re not a Star Wars fan it’s a great ride. But I know they had it in Cali so maybe you did it before covid? I can’t remember when it opened there (wasn’t open in Oct 2019 when I was last at DLR). I’d still try for a BG and screen shot it if you get one that conflicts with your dining res. They’ll usually let you on later if you have dining res conflict.

2 Likes

I’m going to try for a BG but not stress about it. We’ve never been!

1 Like

I had a similar reservation for Topolinos in September 2020 and it worked great. I think HS opened officially at 10am that day, but they let us in around 9. We rode some rides and then left around 10:30. We did find a really long skyliner line at the Caribbean beach station to Riviera. The CM had us walk but we still made our reservation on time.

With a 9am opening I think a 10:50 reservation would be perfect. Topolinos is so good too. I liked it better than Chef Mickeys.

3 Likes

I agree with the others! 9:00 AM opening means you can be in the park somewhere around 8:15. Plenty of time to do some rides before you head over to Topolino’s. And by that time the park might start feeling really crowded, so it will be good to get away for a bit and go back later in the late afternoon/evening.

3 Likes

You should have plenty of time in HS, but depending on when EP opens, there might be a line at the CBR station since Riviera is a stop on the way to EP. However if you need to walk, it’s only about half a mile or 10-15 minutes based on your walking speed.

3 Likes

@Dreamer mentioned today that she thought Toppolino’s was better than Chef Mickeys. Maybe she’ll chime in here? And there is a lot of interior remodeling going on at the CR so Chef Mickey’s will be even louder than it normally is.

2 Likes

Topolino’s is so much better than CM. Better setting. Better food. Characters in cuter costumes.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for giving your opinion! I think I will stick with Topolino’s!

3 Likes

Great decision!!

2 Likes