Topolino’s for dinner?

I’m thinking of giving TT a try for dinner.

I’ve had breakfast there a couple of times and haven’t been that impressed. The food wasn’t great and I don’t like the characters’ outfits. The only appeal is the location (easy Skyliner from Pop) and view.

Has anyone had dinner there recently ?

I want to compare it with CG. My friends joining me in December have requested one “posh” dinner and I had pencilled in CG. But someone suggested TT.

1 Like

I had dinner there two weeks ago. And we ate dinner at CG two nights later. I liked TT better. Now we had dinner at Jiko as well and that was probably just a bit better than even TT. Fabulous service. Delicious everything. Impressive wine list.

2 Likes

My problem with Jiko is that the restaurant lacks the wow factor that I’m looking for. I want more than just good food.

What did you have at TT? Any recommendations?

2 Likes

Bull and Bear!

Victoria and Albert’s is supposed to be open by then. Maybe the chef’s table?

2 Likes

By “wow factor” I mean, for example, the view.

That was a one-and-done for me. I don’t like the decor. Or the stuffiness.

And it’s not the right place for my December trip.

3 Likes

Proof you don’t read the Fab Four/Five Trip Reports! :cry: @Dreamer always gets the sole and raves about it every time!

4 Likes

I would agree with that. TT and CG both have terraces and views.

Sole meunière

1 Like

True!!

I’m modern day presidential. If I don’t hear my name in a sentence I rapidly lose interest.

4 Likes

BTW Am I right in thinking that dinner at TT is not a character meal?

1 Like

I would check the menus for items your friends may enjoy. Personally I would choose CG because it has the most options that I think the average person would enjoy. TT seems very specific and slightly limited, especially for anyone slightly picky about food.

2 Likes

They have already given CG their approval. I mean, it’s offering pizza as a starter.

I agree that TT may be too fancy for them.

1 Like

That would be my only worry. The terrace at TT is way better than CG, but that wouldn’t be enough for me to choose there for the very expensive meal. Also with CG being 1 fee it somehow feels more luxurious vs choosing from a list of extremely pricey course after course.

Also dinner is character free at TT.

2 Likes

Ohhhh. That’s what we’re doing wrong.

2 Likes

That is correct.

1 Like

But CG has the three course meal right now and it’s not my favorite.

2 Likes

I am bummed they don’t have the souffle for dessert anymore, but at least they still have the shirt rib wontons. Those things are the best!

1 Like

Those are the best. The sushi is good too.

1 Like

True, Jiko doesn’t have a spectacular view within the restaurant, but the before and after dinner views of walking around the resort, both inside and out, are amazing! I’ll take amazing food, over the view every time at WDW. Mainly because there’s no shortage of great views all over WDW, but truly great food is much harder to come by. Jiko tops them all.

4 Likes