Topic J19

7 Likes

The pictures are rather dark since we arrived at night. I think CSR has my favorite shower- in the world.

2 Likes

The rooms seem similar to the ones at Pop. Maybe a bit classier. Maybe a bit bigger. Is the TV smaller? Do I care? I’m so confused. I don’t know.

The resort is obviously nicer. Isn’t it? And the main pool definitely is. A nice escape during the day?

But what if the Skyliner is finished and running by July?

I wonder if they’ll let me do a split stay. I’m not sure if that’s a thing for UK bookings if you have a package.

Why does the room have a ceiling fan? Does it not have proper air-conditioning?

Should I book a water view? Or preferrred?

And you’re sure they’re all refurbished?

1 Like

They are all refurbished. CSR will not have the gondolas. They will have the tower. The rooms are much larger. I think they are the largest moderates. I will admit I loved the water view, but like Pop you see the view going to/from your room.

The room does have great air conditioning. I checked in at the end of September and it was great. Some people just like those fans. I do not.

2 Likes

There are a couple of bloggers that do monthly walk through of the resort.

1 Like

I meant if the Skyliner is up and running, Pop becomes more attractive (than it currently is) because it has a station there.

Had a quick view of a video of the pool area: slide and hot-tub.

Soooo tempted!

Many thanks for the pictures and info :heart:

2 Likes

Oh! They have already been running the gondolas so they may be running by then!

1 Like

So overall, were you happy with CSR? We’re staying there in May and I’ve been wondering if we made the right choice for the hotel. :flushed:

1 Like

I was very happy with CSR! I am doing some weird things with DVC this summer and I have been regretting that I booked that and did not return to CSR. I am really shocked by how much I loved that resort.

2 Likes

Is transportation a big thing for you? I have been thinking about it. CSR has multiple bus stops and I know how much you loved that one stop at Pop- plus the gondolas…

1 Like

I’ll be a bigger enabler: when in July? The CSR tower opens July 9…

3 Likes

Should we mention they have club level rooms?

3 Likes

Thank you!!! I’m already feeling better about our decision. :heart:️

2 Likes

I arrive July 10.

I feel like these are a scam. Plus it’s naughty enough increasing the cost as it is. (Also I’m going to endlessly mention it’s my 50th birthday and hope I get an upgrade.)

5 Likes

So am I doing this then?

If I book a standard room, it’s another £130 ($170; 5%) extra, total — risk car park view for possible birthday upgrade?

Water view is £290 ($370; 11%) extra — this feels like “a lot” more, whereas £130 feels like “not much”

Preferred is £370 ($480; 15%) extra — this is “loads more”: and for what?

Pros: much nicer resort, much better pool, slightly? nicer room, interesting to try somewhere new, interesting to try a moderate, quieter?, opening of new tower interesting?

Cons: more money, may miss out on Skyliner, busses maybe not as good, opening of new tower disruptive?

2 Likes

Another con as mentioned. Csr has multiple bus stops

2 Likes

You agree that the multiple stops could be an issue for @profmatt?

1 Like

I think trying something new might be fun… but I’d prob pay for a little nicer view—- no garden view at that hotel? Just jumps to water? -I’m not familiar with it). It sounds like a decent view might be important to you. Also you can’t go wrong. Sounded like you enjoyed your stay at Pop.

Excellent!!!

3 Likes