Top of the world tower reopening!

It hasn’t always been member plus guest on that guest’s ressie. See above. To my knowledge there are no locations that sleep 20, and I know that @BGK is not exaggerating as I know many of the 20 (and they also don’t sleep at his WDW house)

2 Likes

Just came here to review this! What a pain in the behind. My card says the same thing as Ryan! Maybe they will create another class of grandfathered points?

I like how they mention the digital membership card twice.

Whole lotta hoopla for a bar… I mean, it’s a nice location and all, but does it really warrant all these rules, Disney?

1 Like

This has be all very confused. As a dreaded white card member I’ve been waiting for this to open to actually experience it and now I’m confused as to whether I can or not.

Hey did the page link just change?

Yes. Yes it did

I no longer have that direct v indirect chart

Well that answers that question!

1 Like

Yes, because guests are frequently dirtbags and because of them we are denied nice things. They camp out at tables all night, order one drink for the entire party, leave garbage and food everywhere, let their children run riot, and are rude to the cast members. In general, do all manner of offenses against bar and lounge etiquette that would get one the brickface, if not the bum’s rush, in any place of quality outside the bubble. So it can no longer be filled to capacity every night.

In the beginning, it was limited to guests of Bay Lake Tower only. Many an evening before fireworks it was just me and the bartenders. I couldn’t understand why it was so empty. The cast members didn’t like it much either as they were good bartenders and servers making no money. So the pendulum went to the other extreme, and we got Cletus Spuckler’s Pay-n-Throw Lounge.

These new rules are trying to strike some kind of balance. If Disney did the sensible thing and made it 21 and up, we wouldn’t need all this folderol.

3 Likes

They would have to bring back kids’ lounges though. I get a lot of guests who are sad that’s not a thing

I’m not sure what a kids lounge is.

Floriduh makes it easy on parents, in that one may tether the child to a stake by a rope, and all that’s necessary is that it’s long enough for the child to reach a hose bib, commode, or drainage swale for water. Plenty of lawn space for them to gambol amidst the native wildlife.

2 Likes

They used to have them at some of the deluxe resorts. They all closed a long time back now - by 2014 I think they were all gone. There was a brief resurgence of a Toy Story themed one at CR but it didn’t last long

OK, now I recall. They were kids’ clubs with different themes tied to the resort.

My parents never went in for such frippery. When they went to the original Top of the World because my mother wanted to see Al Martino, they left me in the room with the key and had me amuse myself. My late father also made it clear he would be rather more upset at me losing the key than losing myself. But you knew all that already.

1 Like

That is for the special event which they have made a Membership Extra.

What is very interesting is that they stipulated members are staying on points or cash through their membership. So a stay at a DVC resort on cash but not booked through DVC would not qualify.

But access to TOTWL has not been restricted thus far. Of course, as the Lounge at Epcot has shown, they could make access a Membership Extra if they wanted to. TOTWL isn’t paid for out of dues so no reason they couldn’t restrict it.

I don’t think they will though. They need it to make more money, not less.

Edit: and I was wrong about it not being restricted yet. :cry:

Keep reading friend.

It’s actually not.

And the page on the website has changed in the last 90 minutes.

1 Like

Nope. There is nothing in the deeds about access to TOTWL. It isn’t paid for with dues, so they could close it permanently or restrict it as. “Membership Extra” like the Lounge at Epcot if they want.

I know, was just coming on to post. :cry:

That sucks. Looks like they have changed it to a “Membership Extra”.

And it really sucks that you can’t take friends up either unless they’re staying with you (or on a room you booked for them).

1 Like

Ok so if I am interpreting the new TOWL

So far it’s

• it’s direct, (Y) blue card eligible whatever you want to call it now
  • it’s member plus guests on reservation only
    -cash or points stays count
  • DVC or WDW hotels

Is that it?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I’m understanding too.

The thing about staying on points or a member cash stay (through DVC) seems to be just the special event.

For normal days it says:

Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members with access to Membership Extras––who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash)––may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park.

So you could be staying at POP and go if you are a blue card holder.

Well I guess it’s a good thing I never got to go to TOTWL since it’s been closed since I bought DVC. Now I can’t access it. I won’t know what I’ll be missing, so I guess that’s better than everyone who is going to be shut out now ….

1 Like