Top 3 FPP choices for each park?

Other than the obvious (FOP, 7DMT, SDD), what are your top 3 FFP choices? If you could get each of them at the time you wanted, what time would that be? Assume a trip with one day at each park or your ideal trip your choice. As my FPP day rapidly approaches (I mean January will be here before I know it!:wink:)
For reference, we will not be hopping, but if thatā€™s your ideal trip go for it! The last of this type of thread I could find was 2014, so many changes since then!

MK: BTMR, Splash, 7DMT
EP: Soarinā€™, nothing else worth having
HS: SDD, TOT, RNR
AK: FOP, nothing else worth having

2 Likes

I hate to disagree with my friend over the pond butā€¦
EP: TT (FEA or Soaring depending on personal preference), mission space and spaceship earth are my 3

AK: FOP, EE, Safari

1 Like

In the times weā€™ve gone in the past, the fast passes didnā€™t offer a huge advantage over standbyā€¦but if it were busy:

MK: Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, andā€¦I donā€™t know. Maybe Haunted Mansion?
EP: Soarinā€™, Test Track, and Frozen Ever After. (I like Mission:Space, but feel that FEA is a better use of time because the lines for Mission:Space arenā€™t as longā€¦not because we like FEA better or anything.)
HS: Tower of Terror, Rockinā€™ Roller Coaster, Star Toursā€¦or maybe Toy Story Midway Mania.
AK: Expedition Everest (although lines rarely require a FP). Probably FOP. Never done it, but plan to next trip. And probably Safari, just to save time, not because I love it or anything.

1 Like

Well since you said ā€œOther than the obvious (FOP, 7DMT, SDD)ā€, I will eliminate those 3. Iā€™ll also assume only one tier 1 at AK, EP, HS.

MK: Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain (though Peter Pan is my guilty pleasure)
EP: Soarinā€™ (tier 1). As far as tier 2, LWTL is ok if youā€™ve never done it. The rest donā€™t move my needle at all.
HS: TSM (tier 1), Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror
AK: NRJ (only other tier 1), Kilamanjaro, Everest

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, because we havenā€™t ridden them yet, are SDD and 7DMT (and FEA) that wonderful (for adults) or just must-sees because theyā€™re new? I do intend to get FPP for them but I wonder about doing that on our second day to those parks. My kids are all in their 20ā€™s now but they never have been on TSM because we just didnā€™t want to use the FPP on it and lose out on ToT and RnR.

My family would vote for:
MK- Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, probably HM vs. BTMR for 3rd place
AK- EE, KS, Dinosaur
DHS- RnR, ToT, ST
EPCOT- TT, Mission Space, Soarinā€™.

Also curious, I thought more people would mention NRJ, which we also have not seen yet.

1 Like

I think SDD & 7DMT are both so popular because they are new. Both are good solid rides, but neither are the most amazing coasters. To some extent I think they are popular because they are popular as much as anything (Yogi Berra would know what I mean:sunglasses:) If youā€™ve never ridden either, I would try to ride multiple times just so you can get a better feel for how much you really like the ride. A 2nd SDD FP is likely better value than 7DMT as there are so many options at MK.

In July when we were there lines were pretty low for TSM - we were able to ride often while others were in line for SDD and AS2. You should be able to ride it w/o too bad a wait w/o spending your initial Tier 1 FP on it. It was also often available as a 4th FP.

NRJ was better than I expected, but FOP was truly amazing so I donā€™t think anyone that can ride FOP would pick NRJ over FOP for that single Tier 1 FP at AK.

1 Like

MK: BTMRR, HM, & Splash

EP: Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and LWTL (DHā€™s favorite in all of the parks)

DHS: TSMM (if SDD is off the table), RnRC, ToT

AK: Safari, Everest, Dinosaur (Iā€™m in the 1% of people who dislike FoP because it makes me vomit)

Iā€™m getting nervous about FoP and my stomach. The only Disney ride that ever did me in was Mission Space-before there was an orange/green option. I may try to get a FP towards the end of the day just in case it makes me sick. I donā€™t want to ruin my day!

Havenā€™t done SDD, but 7DMT is probably the least exciting of all Disney coasters. Barnstormer is better! But the hype makes the need for a FP to avoid extraordinarily long lines. Queue line and such are cool.

FEA is cool to see, but definitely not worth a long wait. FP can help make the line seem worth it.

1 Like

Mission Space is the one ride I will never do again because it made me feel terribly sick. FOP didnā€™t cause me any problems at all.

2 Likes

Thanks! My family has no idea about hype, and no burning drive to see anything just because itā€™s new. As I mentioned, they havenā€™t been on TSM because I didnā€™t think it was worth trading a FP for, nor worth waiting in line. They didnā€™t care that I did it on my own while they were off doing something more exciting.

In some ways, they like doing the same rides over and over out of a sense of nostalgia. Iā€™ve been pleasantly surprised by how sentimental the kids have become since they left home. Iā€™m certain theyā€™d rather do Space Mountain for the 100th time rather than 7DMT for the second.

Huh. I guess everyoneā€™s inner ear is different.
Nothing makes me queasy, med school beat that right out of me. :sweat_smile: My problem with rides is abrupt changes in vector. MS is pretty smooth in that way. TT, not so much.

DD & I just watched a POV ride on EE. I think she might go on it! Sheā€™s an extremely cautious child and a few years ago went on the not-so-kiddie roller coaster at our local zoo/waterpark & was terrified! We havenā€™t been able to get her on much since then.

Thinking AK FPs-FoP, EE, KS (we love animals and I could go on this multiple times. Iā€™m hoping to do a morning ride and an evening ride).

1 Like

There is a point where the yeti appears, so that may be a bit scary, but if she has seen that part, sheā€™ll be prepared. EE is one of my favorite rides and the only ā€œadultā€ rollercoaster at Disney I can ride, itā€™s very smooth.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only been on it once, pre-kiddo, and remember liking it. We were watching a video on ā€œscariest animatronicsā€ at Disney. I think she old enough to get that these are machines and not real. Sheā€™s more concerned about the ride being too fast.

We were able to easily get a 4th fastpass for KS on our AK day. Used our FOP fastpass at about 1 pm and went on the app to see what we could get for after our afternoon break. Had no problem getting a 6:30 fastpass for the safari to use after dinner.

2 Likes