Toothsome

My family wants to eat at Toothsome during our vacation. I’ve read mixed reviews about the restaurant and was wondering if there were some menu items that were “safer” than others? Or maybe a time that is better? I thought I read somewhere that food quality is diminished later in the day, but can’t seem to find the info again.

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been twice for lunch and had a great experience both times. Everything was delicious.
I’ve heard of people waiting for a long time to get seated and served later in the day.

1 Like

I’ve only been there for brunch/lunch, but really enjoyed it!

1 Like

All restaurants in City Walk are only so so. Toothsome’s is good especially for desserts. They have like eight snacks that are a meals in themselves. If you have never: it is time you did. The pasta dish isn’t bad either with Nockai’s

1 Like

I like the chocolate bread- the pork belly appetizer was not good. My future daughter in law loves the southern fried chicken BLT, my son has both good and bad luck with the burgers (usually ok). Salads are good.

I won’t get dessert there. How can you mess up a chocolate brûlée ?

1 Like

A shack is merely an appetizer. The main course is a mansion.

3 Likes

Yep computer blew it again and started filling in what it thought the word should be. I hate it when that happens

1 Like

That’s better

1 Like

You’re right, the thought of some was getting dinner late (maybe after 8-9pm?) is not a great idea. Been to Toothsome twice for dinner around 6:00, no complaints on food or service.

1 Like

We always get the truffle fries which are delish.

2 Likes

I was there for lunch with my friends, one of whose brother was a chef at a fancy French restaurant. They served us creme brulee that was totally soggy on top from sitting out after the brulee. When we complained the server and manager both tried to convince us that that’s how creme brulee is supposed to be. This was after we got wrong items, and cold soup.

Their only response for literally nothing being correct or satisfactory was to offer us a coupon for free dessert on our next visit.

2 Likes

Did they get engaged? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sigh….they went shopping, he needs to go back and get it……

1 Like

Yay! One step closer.

1 Like

Thank you all for the responses. I was thinking about making a lunch reservation, but after reading everyone’s replies, I think dinner would be okay too.

We had lunch reservations and it was a full two hour ordeal to get in & out of there. Two hours. For lunch. And we didn’t order order complicated things.

Our service was just so slow that I don’t think we will be back. Food was fine, not bad, not that great. We had much better experiences everywhere else at Citywalk.

2 Likes

My biased opinion.

They are known for their shakes. The ice cream is generic grocery store quality. But the presentation and the other stuff is pretty good.

We’ve been there several times. What we drifted into was shared courses, starting with dessert as the ‘appetizer’ and then something else as the ‘entree’. So, we’d have one thing at a time and share it. Whenever they’d bring the something, we’d place the order for the next thing. If a course was disappointing to someone, they won’t eat much of it. For example, we started with the chocolate waffles. It came with this berry-based syrup that DD hated. So, she didn’t eat much of the waffle, but she was all over the second course.

Also, we preferred to go at the end of the lunch rush. When the parks were very packed. We obviously made it a leisurely lunch.

3 Likes

It’s fine food, it’s Universal’s Cheesecake Factory. The problem is it’s also the hardest table to get. So for me it’s not worth the effort at all.

1 Like

It’s super-easy if you book in advance.

I agree. I always book a reservation ahead of time.