Tony's Town Square restaurant

It seems like the general consensus is that it’s not that good. But we’re not huge foodies, either. If your choice was Tony’s and across Main Street was an Olive Garden, which would you choose?

…maybe to watch the parade, but I don’t know what Olive Garden is☺.

I have read that Tony’s has a new chef and it has improved. I do not think it ever be on my top 10 list.

1 Like

Just ate there on Thursday! We liked it! We got the spaghetti & meatballs and the Chicken parmesan and both were just fine!

3 Likes

My friend loves Tony’s, but like @Welsh_Dragon we’re British and have never had Olive Garden. Reviews are definitely improving though!

3 Likes

DFB’s vlog on secrets in MK said that there is a secret heart with Lady and Tramp arrow through it on the patio area.

3 Likes

Does this mean very good or an English interpretation of ‘just fine’, so not so good?

If you go with your autograph book, they take it out back to the kitchen where Lady and Tramp are supervising the cooking and they put their paw prints in it.

5 Likes

Sorry. Olive Garden is a chain restaurant of Italian foods. It’s not fast food, but it’s not made by a chef in the back with his/her own recipes.

My point was I don’t expect someone’s grandma’s Italian nona in the back with her secrets, but I do expect it to be decent enough that I’d want that over a burger and fries at Cosmic Ray’s.

1 Like

I found this review of Tony’s

They seem to like the food. I had just heard so much that was bad, but maybe that’s all changed.

We went in September 2017. I was concerned based on all the bad reviews I had seen prior. Our table of 8 all enjoyed their meal. We found the sampler with the 3 pasta options was the most preferred. We loved being able to try several things. The kids were happy with their meals. They had a pizza option and even made a grilled cheese for our picky eater.

I definitely like it better than Olive Garden. Been there plenty of times to compare. I think things must be changing at Tony’s because we were all pleasantly surprised.

The only criticism I have was the desserts were not as good as the other restaurants we had tried. I believe it was Chocolate Cake, Cannoli or Tiramisu. We tried each and considered none remarkable.

2 Likes

I would choose Olive Garden, because they give you bread and generally pay some small iota of attention to you when sitting down for expensive food. I hate Tony’s.

We went to Tony’s on our first trip. Read the negative reviews as well, but my daughter was a fan of Lady and the Tramp, so we decided to give it a go. So glad we did! Was it our best meal? No, but we all liked our meals and the low key atmosphere was nice in the middle of a high energy vacation!

1 Like

my all time favorite Disney movie. I confess I have never eaten at Tony’s because of the reviews…I hope for their sake it is/has changing/changed for the better

1 Like

Was our best meal last year. Had great service and our group has requested to return this year.

1 Like

Thanks. It does sound like there have been changes at Tony’s. I’m glad to hear from you all.

I am a foodie and I think Tony’s gets an unfair rap. Is it VN or TI? No. I would say that the food quality is about the same as Olive Garden (which I also thing is just fine for a quick dinner if I’m at the mall). The only reason I might choose OG over Tony’s is because the OG menu is much larger; Tony’s is kind of limited. But one thing I will say is that the bread basket at Tony’s is much better than the OG bread sticks…

3 Likes

We went at Christmas…I love Italian food and I would say it’s actually ok, it’s not the best I’ve ever had but I’m not sure why people dislike it so much. We sat outside on the terrace (coinciding with the parade) and it was quite lovely…great for people watching and the ambience of being in Town Square
The only downside we had, which could be probably to the fact that it WAS Christmas, was them wanting to rush us. Our entrees came whilst we were still eating our appetisers! We sent them away…only for them to re serve them cold when we were ready for them! They did profusely apologise and we waited for fresh meals, which they duly served. The server was lovely and a tad embarrassed, but we told him not to worry because he was so attentive and quickly sorted the problem…
I would give it a try!

2 Likes

Just some food pictures for you…I had the seafood pasta, it was pretty good…

3 Likes

not my favourite but booking it soley for parade