Tom Sawyer's Island or Swiss Family Tree House

I wonder if those have been “refurbished”. The last two trips we’ve taken, the escape tunnel had been closed/inaccessible. And the view from the guns was entirely blocked by trees. I hope they’ve fixed those issues.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your comments!! We will try to work in both as well as the people mover! Everything else will be a bonus!

1 Like

You had me at “Meet me at the Polyday Inn” and now I love you even more!! I adore the SFT and have fond memories of watching the movie as a child. I’m excited about the remake. I had a 20 year stretch of no Disneyland and was so disappointed to go back and find the treehouse had been rethemed to Tarzan.

1 Like

There’s going to be a remake? :thinking:

For that age group, and that big a group, TSI is a must in the nice March weather, if parents are confortable with letting their kids just go explore. If you have anxious parents, then you will have to run around behind them. But that’s fun too. It really is cray magical that the space exists in the middle of Magic Kingdom.

And you also get the best views of Haunted Mansion. Hello Gorgeous.

My DD11 would vote Carousel of Progress for the others.

2 Likes

Yes, it will be a series (I think) on Disney+. Not sure when it is coming out.

2 Likes

Wonder if it will be truer to the book. The movie was quite different from the book…

We make a point to go to Tom Sawyer Island- it’s so much fun. It’s just a different feel over there so I’d definitely make time for it. The Treehouse is so easy to fit in when you are nearby- it’s got some great views of space mountain!

2 Likes

Go to Tom Saywer’s Island. Plan at least an hour to get there and back with a short visit. Up to 2 hours if you’re really going to make the most of it. If your kids don’t do well with exploring and imagination, they may get bored. But my kids (ages 3-10) absolutely love this place and would spend the whole day there if I let them.

The treehouse takes 5-10 minutes to walk through and has no line. It’s worth checking out on your way elsewhere.

P.S. DO NOT leave your ponchos in the stroller on the mainland when you go to Tom Sawyer Island. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

I had never done TSI until last year when I went with my 10 year old and I now think its MK best kept secret. He LOVED exploring the island. I LOVED that it was shady and not crowded. Win-win. Especially for the ages in your party, I’d say TSI!!!

1 Like

Also People Mover is a family favorite. And the line usually isn’t long (cause it keeps moving) :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for both of your responses! I will definitely include both in our touring plans!!

1 Like

It’s funny reading this thread, bc everything being mentioned (Treehouse, TSI, PM, CoP, Tiki room, HoP, CBJ) were all attractions we’ve skipped on both of the last two trips.

We’ve done them all, and we loved TSI when the kids were young. We also loved the Treehouse when they were first so fond of the movie.

CoP and HoP are places to nurse a baby.

3 Likes

shock-shocked

4 Likes

What??? I always nursed my babies in CoP and then they napped. It was perfect, quiet, dark, AC… we just didn’t get off the ride until they woke up. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: @QwertySC

5 Likes

My reaction was not to nursing. It was to the knock on CoP. :joy:

3 Likes

oh… my mistake… sorry…

I love all the remake reveals of CoP coming out too. I need to go and see them w/ my own eyes in person soon.

2 Likes

I’m glad WDW has people eaters like CoP, CBJ, etc. Also Dixie Riverboat. They are nice to experience at least once, and depending on the ages of the travelers, they really might satisfy more than the coasters and such.

Except Tiki Room. It’s an abomination. People can make all the jokes they want about IASW, but my version of stuck Disney horror would be that monstrosity. Iago only took what was bad and made it louder. Definitely NOT a place to nurse a baby.

2 Likes

OT?
If you ever want to waste some time, read reviews of attractions on TripAdvisor.
Now, I admit, I used to review everything and anything to get my count up there. Now I barely use it.

Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room (Orlando) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (tripadvisor.com)

I am now regretting that I wasted the perfect GIF for this situation on CoP.

5 Likes