Today's Reason Why Disney is annoying me

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought I would be okay with unknowable return times because I thought itnwould work like DLR maxpass. But the parks at DLR have 4 times the number of rides using MP, no drops and no ILL. So the wait times disgributed in a nice predictable pattern.

6 Likes

Now that you are no longer under the 7:00 AM time crunch can you log out/in to try for ILL again, or are they all gone for the day? My thought is maybe logging out will remind the app Swan is a qualifying resort.

I was annoyed the other day with the whole login with security code thing. Finally got a hit from Reservation Finder and clicked on the link. It wanted me to log in with the security code. By the time I finished messing around with that, the reservation was gone. I was already logged into MDE, so I don’t understand the criteria for when it will require a code. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks for the idea! Just tried it, still no dice. But was worth a shot!

1 Like

Uggghhh!!! If you have time to phone tech support - 407-939-7765. But I know most of us don’t have time to stay on hold for hours.

1 Like

Now that the park is open they should be able to purchase ILL. They don’t have to wait until they get there - is that correct?
(Should have been able to purchase at 7, but let’s pretend they aren’t on site.)

Yup, Here is the problem with it, the concept is not bad but the nuance rules and frustrations when you miss a specific window is where it falls apart. Pair that with unclear rules about who can do what and when and you end up frustrating users.

I’m working on my take on how they could fix G+ in the next changes: How Disney Could Fix Genie+

1 Like

I got them Test Track (inadvertently) from 1:05-2:05
Frozen 3:20-4:20
Ratatouille 5:05-6:05

They will do Soarin tomorrow with that side of future world.

So their day is shaping up ok. Still frustrated with this morning

3 Likes

AKA, World Nature. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just talking to a coworker who just came back from WDW. She had the same frustration regarding booking LL+ from the Swan. It’s supposed to get that onsite perk to book at 7;00 AM, but Disney IT doesn’t seem to recognize that.

3 Likes

Glad to know it’s not just me

This is worrying me for our stay at Dolphin. The app shows our hotel and both of us as guests and I know it is supposed to work but…

So something new I just found. I had the reservation linked previously (it’s how I got California Grill at 60+ days). But when you mentioned it, I just looked on MDE and the park pass was there, but the resort stay was gone. I just re-linked it again. We’ll see if I can actually make a reservation for tomorrow morning. I’ll keep you all posted. I would say, check day before and day of that the Dolphin reservation is still there!

3 Likes

And honestly, why would it let me book a Genie+ for Soarin and a Lightning Lane for Test Track at 7am if it wasn’t there!

1 Like

Thank you! It is all linked now but I’ll definitely check again the day before. Which is this Friday!

1 Like

Have fun! Plenty of purchased Lightning Lanes available if you are interested in that.

1 Like

It’s a short trip so we will definitely be purchasing them. Plus there are only 2 of us no not as much $$.

That’s how I am justifying it for mom and dad, too. I want them to have an absolutely fabulous time because dad isn’t a Disney person.

1 Like

That’s so nice for them! My parents love Disney but health concerns make it tough to travel.

Everyone can book their first Genie+ ride at 7am, whether staying onsite or not. That’s why you could book Test Track.

The 2 ILL rides at Epcot are Remy and FEA.

Ah, that will do it then. Thanks!