Today’s the day! Holiday Road…..trip!

I’m so excited and can’t “sleep in” anymore! In less than three hours, DS and I start our road trip to UOR! This is the “biggest” trip I‘ve ever been the lone driver, so we’re breaking it up and taking our time getting there with a late Sunday morning arrival. We are waking up to winter here this morning and are so looking forward to Florida warmth and sunshine! I activated data/Wi-Fi hotspot in the car so DS can do his schoolwork on the long drive. He’s absolutely thrilled about that-ha! I’ll try to update as much as I can and report on everything holidays at the parks! We are staying at UOR for five nights with MVMCP at Disney tossed in the middle of the trip!

18 Likes

Sounds like a great trip!
Safe travels. Hope the traffic is kind to you.
Looking forward to following along.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, so excited for you!

3 Likes

Where are you driving from?
I love a good road trip. And I loved UOR. How long will you be there and where are you staying.

3 Likes

Have a fabulous trip and hopefully it’s an easy drive!

3 Likes

Missouri. We’ll be there Sunday-Friday at Surfside with one night at ASmovie for the MK Christmas party. :christmas_tree:

11 Likes

I remember this conversation now!
If they put you in Ducks, know that the buses from music are sometimes a shorter walk.

4 Likes

Safe travels and have all the fun!!

2 Likes

I’m so excited for you!! I’ll check in at my desk on Monday!

1 Like

Yay for a holiday road trip!!

1 Like

Have fun!!

1 Like

Made it to our hotel already for the first night. The weather and traffic have been so cooperative so far! Along the way we stopped at my favorite ever rest stop outside New Madrid, MO. There is all sorts of information pertaining to the great earthquakes of 1811-1812 centered there in Missouri, and as

a recently retired science teacher, this is a must stop when we get the chance!

16 Likes

That is so cool! Sometimes rest stops are remarkably rejuvenating.

3 Likes

Wow! We arrived here at Surfside an hour ago. At the front desk, we were “Magic dusted?” a free upgrade to a two bedroom suite!!! DS13 -needless to say-is thrilled to have his own room! Heading into the parks in a bit!

18 Likes

Nice.
What park will you start at?
Have a blast!!

We are US first…

2 Likes

#TeamFrozenButterbeer

13 Likes

Cheers!! :beers:

1 Like

Had a great first day! We focused solely on Harry Potter stuff. Made it into Diagon Alley around 2 and went to The Leaky Cauldron first. Hit up all the shops, saw the Tale of the Three Brothers which was really good, and just meandered around. Took the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade and hit up the shops there. Had a snack at The Three Broomsticks and then rode FJ twice in a row! Waited 45 minutes for Hagrids even though the posted wait time was 100 minutes. Tomorrow is early entry at IOA, so we will start again where we ended today-Hagrids!

17 Likes

Christmas tree at Surfside

14 Likes