Today’s podcast

Like I said, someone asked on WDWMagic. So I thought people might have heard it. And I see the DIS have a discussion and a poll going.

OK, yes. I stirred the pot. :joy:

This will be my first ever podcast. Maybe I’ll become a fan.

3 Likes

I think I’m just jumping to 50 minutes or so, at least initially. I believe that’s where it starts.

2 Likes

Oh wow, that’s a long one! They are usually about 45 minutes with the second half being Jim’s history lesson. I can try and listen this evening!

1 Like

Yes, I was just going to post this. I’ve been jumping ahead… I don’t care to listen to more Space 220 reviews.

ok… it’s all a bunch of speculation… they will probably not do anything during the 50th anniversary year. However, I’ll say it’s Chapek and he’s very grinchy to me. And… the analogy of how Disney sold off the Disney stores and as soon as The Children’s Place got them in order they bought them back. So, part of the speculation is that Disney is looking to let someone else ‘fix it up’ and then take it back. Len emphasizes it’s all speculation!

1 Like

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I’ll listen tonight. After work has beaten me into submission yet again.

That’s a good spot. You can cry there without anyone knowing.

1 Like

:sob:

1 Like

Unrelated to current discussion, but relevant to this: I LOVE HM and I so very much wanted to love this series on its history. But I just don’t love how Jim tells these historical things (I like his other contributions to the show). I end up skipping them. And I triiiiiiiiiied with this one. I wanted to be able to enjoy it. I just … can’t :frowning:

50 is just about just right. I show I’m at 52 and shut it off just as they were starting to discuss it

I’m all for being eternally optimistic, but Monday’s are dumb.

2 Likes

The man does tangents like no other!

1 Like

I thought we were pretty good at tangents on the forum. :joy::joy:

:joy: very very true! But one of the latest histories was of ToT that started with (I believe) the development of like Wilderness Lodge? Some of these stories are SO roundabout.

1 Like

I know he’s CEO of Disney but he doesn’t run DVC. Not sure he has much to do with how it’s run?

1 Like

They brought his name up in the podcast.

Gotcha.

But I’m more interested about the new finance guy who’s actually in charge of the product. Word on the street is that last time DVC had a finance person come in to run the joint, things improved tremendously. Hoping that holds true.

2 Likes

Ahh… well that was part of the speculation as an opportunity to ‘spruce’ things up and improve it.

ETA: not paint the units spruce but make them more profitable.

I was just going to say the same thing. Onjust got off a web call that spiked into 10 tangents. It’s a specialty. But Jim is pretty good at it.

I am in complete agreement here. I am very interested in what the finance guy can do. I want a finance guy in charge of something I own!

DVC can be a complete cash cow and an anchor for keeping people in the parks and resorts. If they get the model right (and it looks like they are starting to figure this out) they should be able to continue to profit on resale and bring in that continuous revenue without having to always build.

That’s the part that made me think selling is just pure speculation.

1 Like