Today is the day my husband leaves me

Ok, today is the day he leaves to take our two oldest to UOL. I know they are going to have a great time. I realized last night that we might have a co-dependent relationship. It worries me to send them off without me being there to plan/handle everything and my husband is very nervous about handling the airport and getting to the hotel on his own. Last night we watched Youtube videos on the kiosks for checking in on Southwest. He is only 40, how can he be expected to handle these things on his own?
I will probably use this thread as a trip report as they go: So Traveling Group is DH 40, DS 15 1/2 (this week will be a break for me as I won’t have to do any drivers training), DD 13. They will be joined 1 day by DFIL and GF.

2 Likes

That sounds like my husband. Your DS and DD will he able to help. Hope they have a great trip and you enjoy the quiet.

3 Likes

Your kids will know how to do everything and will guide him :joy: Hope they have a great time.

1 Like

Awww, once he’s at the airport, it will all click. They’ll have a fabulous time! And it’s a good thing you sent him to Universal! They don’t need to worry about sticking to a plan, they’ll have a blast no matter what :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my experience as a husband, I’ve found that husbands can be very resourceful when faced with adversity and unexpected obstacles alone.

For example, when a husband runs into a situation that their wife would have handled well ahead of time, husbands figure it out…by calling their wives straight away so that they can be told what they should do! :wink:

10 Likes

@ryan I am laughing so hard right now. Thanks!

Oh my God your thread title just gave me a heart attack!!!
I’ll be over here in the corner breathing into a paper bag and getting a tea.

5 Likes

After reading countless click-bait titles from mousematt of a similar nature, I didn’t even bat an eye at this one. It just made me curious to know what the twist was going to be! :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry about that and yes I learned that from @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

2 Likes

He will be fine. He has DS 15 to handle things. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I totally thought it will be @sanstitre_has_left_the_building’s thread. Except he does not have a husband (as far as I know)

Looking forward to the trip report :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s why he’s so bitter and angry all the time.

5 Likes

You may have just saved my marriage. LOL I thought the reason I was angry all the time was because of my 16+ years of marriage to mine. So if single isn’t the answer, I might as well keep him.

1 Like

Background of this trip.
DD13 had Covid in Feb. We only had 5 cases in our entire county. Her Dr. did not recognize it, then later had her tested for antibodies. So more than likely our family was exposed.
We had a few trips canceled this Summer; 1 WDW and 1 Cruise. Last week my husband realized he had a vacation scheduled at work this week and the kids had a rare break before activities started again. So with Universal opening up and us not really worried about the virus right now. We started to plan this trip a week out.
We DID NOT TELL THE KIDS
DFIL lives in Fl so we told them they were going down to help their grandpa build a fence. They were not thrilled to be going to FL the end of June to do manual labor. So they have been quietly complaining to their friends about this trip. We have heard them.

7 Likes

LOL! That’s priceless!!!

1 Like

That reminds me of a question I had. Those who have the antibodies, can they be exempted from wearing a mask? They can neither receive or transmit the virus.

1 Like

I dropped them off at the airport in Columbus yesterday evening, they kids still don’t know why they are there. They manage the airport fine on their own and everything is going great last night. The SW app shows them arriving early. Then a storm must have hit, because they have to circle MCO for about an hour. We had gotten them a hotel there are the airport for the night anyway so it wasn’t fun but also wasn’t a huge deal. The KIDS STILL DIDN’T KNOW.
They know they have to get up early this morning to “get a jump on the fence”. So at 6am I call them and tell them what the real deal is. They were very excited and a little mad that we lied, but they have come to expect that from DH.
So we had arranged for the shuttle as if their flight was landing at 6am. The shuttle was there by 6:30. They headed to RPR, thinking they would leave their luggage and come back after going to the park. They were surprised to be let into their rooms that early (like 7am). This was really a nice surprise. They grabbed breakfast at the hotel and headed to the park.

6 Likes

We had the same question. The main reason I stayed is we didn’t think DS3 could handle a mask in the heat all day long. So we would have had him tested so we could go sans mask. However, they told us no, as the CDC has not said for certain they could not still carry it, also it would be a mess for them to have to document and check everyone’s documents. One nice CM explained to me that if people saw us without masks they would likely take theirs off thinking UOF was not enforcing it and would be a mess.

3 Likes

On planning this trip, I had originally booked the 2 queen bed club level with 2 days plus 2 days free tickets for the 3 of them. After reading on here, I discovered the Seasonal pass was a better deal, we got them to re-book with season passes and the discount. Late last week DFIL and GF decided they wanted to come over for a day. It was going to be like $300 each for their tickets and ExPass so they could all ride together. We called the CM and we were able to just add them to the room for the night. Because we only had 1 adult originally we only had to pay $49 to add the 3rd adult for the night and that made their ExPass free. So all in all after changing to the Season Passes and adding 2 1day 2park Fl residence passes, we ended up paying a little less than we originally did.

2 Likes

If only I could follow them on the lines app or something and see what all they have gotten done.

1 Like