Today, I really HATE the APR system!

My sister was told the same thing when trying to get DAS for her daughter with diabetes. (She eventually was able to get DAS at DL, but it took several conversations with different CMs.)

1 Like

Yet, the AP bucket is fully open. I remember when it was always the opposite.

2 Likes

When I got DAS for WDW, I was warned that DLR is a very different beast with how they are allotting DAS.

I wish I could adequately describe the tone she used. Moderate amount of apprehension. Little bit of “Good luck, you’re gonna need it pal”. A whole lotta “glad it’s not me”.

4 Likes

This is so annoying! Luckily it hasn’t happened to us in a while. My biggest annoyance right now is park hopping at 2:00!! Would have been nice to hit AK in the morning and then hop to Epcot for lunch yesterday.

3 Likes

That happened to me and I was unable to cancel them! I tried several times and felt bad that I was holding 4 spots that wouldn’t/couldn’t be used.

1 Like

It is definitely inconvenient. We just arrived and tomorrow is an MK day. Weather is going to be horrid…just whether that is at 9 am or 3 pm depends on the meteorologist. MK is sold out all week so we will make do with what we can. Would have loved to forego tomorrow and make it up Monday, but alas, the park reservation system makes that nay impossible.

Adding my grievance here. We have a reservation for DHS tomorrow but really want to go to Epcot instead. All parks sold out.

1 Like

I had that experience over the weekend when I went to change my APR for Wednesday… sigh… and couldn’t.

1 Like

While reading in another thread about a military family’s upcoming trip I started thinking about our military family trips in the past. I know that we always waited to buy our park tickets on arrival day b/c they were NON-refundable, and we had to frequently cancel plans due to military orders or deployments. I have NO idea how we would be able to plan a trip now b/c

1. I wouldn’t be willing to buy tickets in advance to make park reservations b/c they are non-refundable
  2. If I waited to buy tickets, I could be blocked from using them due to unavailability.

How are military families managing this, I wonder?

4 Likes

Was she on the chat or in person? That’s so sad.

1 Like

I just got DAS on Saturday for DxH for our one day graduation extravaganza for DD22. It was so quick and no issues at all. She asked what issues we had that would make standing in line difficult. I explained DxH’s issues and she immediately said DAS would help him out a lot and that was that. We must have said some magic words …

3 Likes

This was in person in Disneyland Park. I can tell that the CMs in DLR have been counseled to reduce the usage of DAS as much as possible and steer people toward Mobility. Which makes sense - you don’t want people abusing the system. But you’ve got to be reasonable.

2 Likes

When I tried to get DAS for my wife’s aunt and they refused (since she really only needed it for mobility … fair enough), I asked, “what is DAS for?” And the CM responded that it was more for cognitive disabilities. Not so much the “standing in line” as the waiting itself. So whatever you described, it must have hit on that, or the CM was just extra helpful that day.

1 Like

My niece is the one who said we should get DAS for my DxH for his social anxiety. I had never thought of his issues in that way, but it is definitely an accurate description. I asked him how it feels to be in a crowd of people and he said “Like ants are crawling all over my body.” That’s basically exactly what I told the CM - he has anxiety about being around people in new situations and crowds always. She then said what would it be like for him to be in line. I told her he probably wouldn’t get in a long line and then told her about the ants comment. Bam. That was it. I had also told her at the very beginning that my daughters and I are frequent Disney visitors and have no issues waiting in line. But my daughter really wants her dad to go with her to Disneyland at least this once.

5 Likes

Hugs to you, my friend! I also hope people won’t take advantage of the system.

Honestly, I had to be convinced that it was okay to request DAS for DxH. This process has caused me to view a lot of his (annoying) behaviors differently. I had never looked at it through the anxiety lens. It also helps to explain some of his issues with self medicating. It’s been eye opening.

7 Likes

Side note: I love that you were able to have a successful trip with your ex. Not something I would recommend or expect in many cases, but I think that’s a sign of true maturity on your part. :blush:

7 Likes

I was trying to like your post and I got this error:

Too many likes!!! So Z1 of me. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(It’s actually because I pressed like then accidentally unliked then liked and my finger slipped and I unliked again. Then we I tried to like, it gave me this error. It thinks I’m a bot. :joy:)

11 Likes

That is hilarious and needs to be added to the memes and jokes thread :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve had that error message too. Don’t get mad at me for liking lots posts. Silly RFLs.

6 Likes

TWSS :laughing:

10 Likes