Today, I really HATE the APR system!

I too was talking about Disneyland, they do have a separate bucket for onsite. Their hotels are expensive, but worth it if you want to make a trip happen.

2 Likes

One of my best friends moved to Orlando last year to be close to WDW. I was mildly shocked when he told me he had been to the parks “about a dozen times,” when I talked to him on the phone last week, seeing as how he moved there to have more access. But I completely understood what he meant when he said he rarely finds reservations available for anything other than EPCOT. It’s so frustrating for locals who just want to pop in for some magic and I feel for all of you.

3 Likes

Ah, a very hard to find calendar. (Found it from a link on UT) … but on-site hotel pricing outside my budget since I’m going to WDW on Wed for 4 nights. I was only going to do it if I could get a cheap flight/hotel deal.

3 Likes

I try to book out in advance and cancel as needed. I’m thankful they don’t penalize us in FL like DL does for no shows bc sometimes, too many times, Disney IT sucks and I can’t cancel or modify and I am a no show. Honestly there have only been a few times when I could’nt get a park reservation.

1 Like

This is true if you wait closer to the date you want. I did get an APR tomorrow for EC b/c that’s all that was available.

2 Likes

Did you attempt to book any? I know several people have gotten lucky booking even though it says sold out.

2 Likes

I did try, but it wouldn’t allow me to even select a date.

1 Like

That sucks. Stupid Disney IT and ridiculous policies.

2 Likes

When we were planning our stay for last February- there was an onsite bucket for tickets but CM said not for Magic key

Has that changed?

Did u see my tag in my tr? I am releasing aprs for today and tmw

2 Likes

A first step would be to stop park hopping time restrictions

5 Likes

I have never heard that it didn’t include magic keys, that would be really wrong if it didn’t include them. I will look into this more though.

Do you mean that there is not a separate Magic Key Bucket? Or do you mean that Magic Key holders are not eligible for the on-site bucket?

That’s what I had expected - we had booked DVC VGC and were planning on purchasing the Magic keys
I found out interesting info when I called into member services for tickets

DVC member services cannot help with anything at DLR- no ticketing, no dining ect. All they can do is give phone number to guest services

The cast member in guest services said
magic key only uses magic key bucket. Magic reservations limits include any onsite stays….that part really put the kaboosh on Magic key for us…

If it’s changed I would love to know as I would put the value of our unused tickets towards APs….

I was told by DLR guest services that Magic key holders with onsite reservations cannot use the onsite reservation bucket.

Example-

We had villa booked for 6 days 5 nights at Grand Californian.

With park tickets we could use onsite reservations bucket…if I purchased Magic Key we had to use Magic key bucket regardless of room reservations.

2 Likes

That sucks and should change.

5 Likes

What I had heard previously was that if you book an onsite stay, you can use the onsite stay bucket but must still stay within the rules of your magic key. For example, if you wanted to go on a Sunday, but your magic key was blocked that day, you cannot override that by booking an onsite stay. You also cannot book more days than your AP allows, so if you have the Enchant like I do you are limited to 4 APRs at a time, even if you are going to be at DLR 5 days. But if the days you want to go are days your key is valid, you can use the onsite bucket once you link your hotel stay, and follow their link to book the APR. I would love to test this, but have all 4 of my days booked 4/3-6 and I am not willing to drop one to test this out right now.
I read up on this over on Disboards, it seems that CMs tell you it isn’t possible, but if you go through the hotel link, it works. People over there tried it with success (on days that there were no APRs left for magic keys). So I think it is one of those cases where CMs think that is how it works, but trying it proves it can be done. I may try it out on April 3 when I will have an available APR (and an onsite stay booked in May just in case I couldn’t get the dates with the Magic key bucket).

4 Likes

Curious to know…we were planning on picking up the enchant key even with the reservation limits.

Have to say the CM I was dealing with was kinda snarky…Twice I was told this ISN’T Walt Disney World.

3 Likes

Wow, that was so rude of the CM to say! The enchant works great for me for the price (and the fact that I don’t live in CA).

3 Likes

I was thinking of switching a couple of my park days early in my trip the third week of April. But nope, can’t do it. 3 out of 4 parks are sold out for resort guests.