To Upgrade Or Not To Upgrade: Is That Even a Question?

How much pool time do you anticipate?

Not much. Not really a factor. Maybe hot tub more than anything post race

I would stick with BCV, AKLJ, and add hoppers to hit Epcot at night on the HS and AK days. It would open up more pre race dinner options too.

1 Like

AK day is early bed. Will not hop then because marathon next day

1 Like

I can fathom skipping AK. I am contemplating it also for my short trip in Dec. It’s great for relaxing and exploring, but not all trips are about that! I think that my sister would appreciate a full day at Epcot over almost anything else. You’ve got shopping, the best table service, a variety of drinks and obviously the great atmosphere to just wander in the evening and then sashay home over the bridge to BCV!

3 Likes

I’m actually impressed with you being able to make such rational decisions when so much emotion is involved. :joy: If skipping AK (this time!) is what makes for a smoother experience, do it. If you can’t afford the upcharge for RR, drop it. That’s what this planning stuff is all about.

6 Likes

(I did that and then put a CR LV on hold :no_mouth: )

I’m irrationally rational :laughing:

But in fairness, the BCV offers the walkability to HS and EP, and CR LV room offers that same convenience for MK after marathon.

4 Likes

I am doing the same thing on my HS days. I am going to hop over to Epcot in the afternoon.

Maybe do a morning at AK on the 8th. While there, you could stack a few G+ reservations in MK for the afternoon. Then have an early dinner and off to bed for the marathon.

1 Like

If you are upgrading for your sister getting her hoppers for flexibility might be better than having the most optimal resorts IMO.

2 Likes

Except they go hand in hand. If we stick with our original reservations (POR —> AKL) there’s no point in having hoppers IMO

Oh, good point @OBNurseNH!

1 Like

OK what about BCV for the 2 park walkability and WL for the MK days since it will be cheaper and you get that awesome boat ride to the park?

2 Likes

I am open to that, and am stalking availability there as well.

There is seriously almost nothing available. It’s dynamic though so checking often is what has netted what I currently hold (both DVC and hotel side)

2 Likes

I just don’t want to do AKL and WL because they are too similar in aesthetic

1 Like

I’m going from Kidani to BR to Jambo on my next trip, but yeah… :joy:

2 Likes

Letting AK wait until you can do it better justice is rational.

AKL and WL are similar. Only good together on a longer trip, if then.

Beach Club was so great when we stayed there - back in the dark ages. :wink:

One of the really great things was walking into World Showcase so easily. And Cape May. Also, Stormalong Bay was my first water slide. Sooo fun.

3 Likes

Update for those interested :laughing:

I just scored Poly for 1/8-10 on cash. That CR LV room was pretty sweet but this will be better on my wallet. I let the hold go on the CR and actually deposited on Poly

I also have 1/7 at AKL-J and am stalking like mad (and have waitlisted) 1/6 on points
I will continue to stalk 1/6 and 1/7 (but not waitlist, for points management reasons) any other Epcot-area resort

But it looks like I’ll at least end up at AK (with HS, AK planned) and then Poly (with MK planned) which will be fantastic!

I continue to hold but will need to cancel: POR 1/6-8, BCV 1/6-8 and AKL-J 1/8-10. I’ll do that at 30 days or when I secure 1/6 at AKL or 1/6-8 at any Epcot DVC location, whichever comes first.

12 Likes

Poly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Poly for the win! We’ll be at OKW those days, which I’m excited about because we’ve never stayed there, and I was able to score a pre-booked reservation. But my heart belongs to Poly.

I love OKW! It’s my home resort!

But for this trip, which is short and sweet, trying to be located in proximity to the park we’ll be in is key.

CR/BLT would be fun as I’ve not stayed there yet, as would GF/GFV for the same reason. But I’m not unhappy at all to have secured Poly which I love dearly and which, due to studio only (as I’m not Bungalow rich) is not really an option for my family at this time.

2 Likes