To Upgrade Or Not To Upgrade: Is That Even a Question?

I may also now have Riviera on a hold while I think it over. That one’s a $$ stretch but it would be quite nice…

3 Likes

Do it! Do it! Do it!

1 Like

I’m struggling with not being where I want to be in connection with my park days (ie Monorail area for MK day) I’m working on juggling things around but as dynamic as inventory is right now I can’t seem to make it work LOL

2 Likes

Yeah I get that. I’m having a bit of planning paralysis myself. 4 hotels, 4728 dining reservations, 0 park reservations, Genie what? it’s. so. much.

7 Likes

I am in the same boat.

• 4 Hotels :european_castle::european_castle::european_castle::european_castle: :white_check_mark:
  • All my Dining Reservations still to figure out :white_check_mark:
  • No Park reservations yet :white_check_mark:
  • No Park tickets purchased yet :white_check_mark:
  • Have not reviewed what is open/closed. :white_check_mark:

Ugh!

5 Likes

I wanted to make a list of special holiday treats to try too… ugh

You might want to jump on that ticket purchase before they Chapek it.

5 Likes

I have just mathed. Which I hate doing. But which is sometimes necessary and in this case is helping me to keep my head on straight.

Because here’s the thing: if you’re stalking reservations and you wait too long to book one at, say, Poly, and it goes away, when it pops back up at random it sounds appealing — even when it’s even more than it was when you passed on it the first time. FOMO is bad stuff! LOL

I am going to let the Riv reservation go. After mathing, I just can’t swing that upcharge with any rational consideration. And being the voice of reason, I have to be rational.

I’m hanging on to the BCV one for now, though. That’s a more palatable upcharge for me to handle, and I like the idea of walking to HS and I might even talk to my sis about upgrading to PH tix for Epcot access as well while we are in that area.

I’m horrified to say I’m thinking about skipping AK entirely and replacing it in full with EP? My thinking is that if we are staying at BCV (and I think this is the res I will ultimately keep) it makes more sense to do the HS and EP thing while we’re there. And if we are staying at AKL x2 nts, we’ll get a little bit of that experience anyway. We’ll be in Jambo, so we can Victoria Falls instead of Nomad, and I plan to Sanaa on checkout day at lunch. Thoughts on this plan?

I cannot even fathom how I am this close to travel and am still juggling things around. Very unlike me…

5 Likes

I cannot fathom you skipping AK… :laughing:

3 Likes

IKR? But for this trip, it doesn’t really “work”.

1 Like

And you want the perfect trip for your sister! I get it.

1 Like

Stopped reading after this. :eyes:
Just kidding.

4 Likes

they’re not the same. at all. like Victoria Falls is dark. and small. and enclosed. and doesn’t have caravans floating by. or really great background music. I mean, you do you. but I’m pretty sure I couldn’t make that big of a compromise. I’d happily do both of course, and even meet up with you in Victoria Falls, but no Nomad? that’s really tough.

1 Like

Right but for the flow of this (really short, time limited) trip, AK is kind of not jiving for me.

UGH

1 Like

I’m sad for you.

3 Likes

You say you’re the voice of reason, but you’ve been saying some things I just don’t comprehend lately…

4 Likes

Absolutely understandable. I hardly recognize me anymore :laughing:

I think I’m just trying to make this trip flow properly. Had I had a better grasp on things at the start (and had I known how busy my travel business would become) I’d have done the right thing right away. And honestly that would not have included AKL.

I’ve come to realize as I’ve been trying to make a plan that being EP/HS located at the beginning, and then MK located at the end, is what would make an ideal trip. The trouble is cobbling that together at this late date, with availability being almost nil on hotel and DVC sides both.

3 Likes

OK so can you recap us on the plans? Hotels, dates, park tix, etc? I think canceling RR and adding hopper may be a good alternative.

As of now what I have booked:

6th-8th - POR woods view and BCV Studio
8th-10th - AKL-J Standard view (which here is usually pool) and CR LV (on hold)

I have let the Riviera hold go

I have park ressies on the 7th at HS, 8th at AK, 9th at MK. Park availability is yet wide open.

We have base tix now, but will definitely add Genie+ and probably do ILL for ROTR.

We have no ADRs yet as that hasn’t come up yet.

2 Likes

Are you running all the races or just the marathon?

Just marathon