To Upgrade Or Not To Upgrade: Is That Even a Question?

:joy::joy:

I do know better than to seek rational ideas from this irrational group of people.

10 Likes

So have you made a decision? Or narrowed it down at least?

1 Like

I think if I do it I will stick with either Riviera or Beach Club as those make the most sense for our plans those first two days.

I’m coasting on it for now though and checking often. Availability is incredibly dynamic, and all the more so if I extend the dates (which I would then call to pare down :roll_eyes: ). I still ideally would love to score a GDT water view. And I’m stalking the DVC site like a fiend as well as I’d love to be able to swap to an monorail loop resort for the last two days (unlikely as that may be)

5 Likes

I seem to be in the minority here, but I would definitely choose Beach Club hands down! The ability to walk/stumble home out of Epcot and DHS is HUGE for adults only! I am not a SAB enthusiast, but it does have two nice large hot tubs. And Ale & Compass breakfast.

7 Likes

I would add a waitlist too if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I want to stay away from doing a waitlist for points management reasons. It’s not critical and we have a very nice accommodation at AKL so it’s just a “if it happens it’s nice” kind of thing and I don’t want to mess up my points management.

3 Likes

Aw heck I just put a deposit on BC.

I’ll keep stalking though and see what happens and where we ultimately land.

Will I keep POR?
Will I use the BC ressie I just made?
Will we land somewhere else entirely?!

Stay tuned!!!

12 Likes

This is exciting and really no wrong choice! How fun!

1 Like

I do have to say that when we bought DVC I felt very sad that I would be unlikely to be staying at POR again!

5 Likes

Don’t do it! I won’t have a chance of running into you if you do :wink: It’s all about me of course.

3 Likes

Yes you will. There will be a runner’s meet-up.

And this is strictly all about my sister. It has nothing at all to do with me wanting to plus it for myself.

Obviously.

:angel:

7 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

And just to build the suspense, we have no idea when the next episode is. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, the next episode will be… sometime before 1/6/22 (Marathon Weekend)

4 Likes

A little late to the party, but I stayed at the Riviera for a girl’s trip in February and it was absolutely fabulous! It was three of us in the deluxe studio, and the bathroom setup was what sold us over any other hotel. Two people could shower and get ready at the same time, which was so helpful when trying to get ready for dinner!

3 Likes

I always have such lofty expectations of being able to restrain myself and not upgrade to a nicer resort, thus saving money. But by degrees I always end up plussing and plussing until my wallet has a gaping hole in it.

3 Likes

Me too, and me too. I am incapable of not going for the extra-nice things.

4 Likes

I start out with a bargain trip and then keep adding. Days, experiences, TS, the works.

5 Likes

My stay at Pop is my excuse to splurge elsewhere.

I cannot use that as an excuse for my Epic Liner Meet stay at POFQ though so I will have to come up with other ways to rationalize my splurges. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Same. The only thing saving me at this point is WDW not wanting to take my money. ADR’s and experiences have been difficult to secure.

6 Likes