To trip report or not to trip report

10 Likes

WL boat dock to first handicap space at TTC vía monorail was 40 min. Total of one hour to get back to CWBC.

4 Likes

WL boat to MK to Monorail to TTC?

Yes

1 Like

Cuban is on the takeout buffet tonight! :heart_eyes:. Because it’s FLORIDA! How is this not a featured cuisine at Disney???

Except DH had his own meal: :roll_eyes:

https://padrinos.com/

And:

Plus:

Freezer cookie #1: pistachio toffee

11 Likes

No discernible difference in having been frozen. Really, really good. But #notacookie

Barely cooked cookie dough rolled in toppings.

3 Likes

Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! I loooove Cuban food. Definitely going to seek that place out. Trapiche is also my go to inexpensive red wine brand. Highly jealous of your dinner tonight!

1 Like

We discovered Trapiche Broquel Malbec at an Argentinian restaurant in Costa Rica so it also brings back great memories. We bought a couple extra bottles to take back to the hotel even. It’s an outstanding wine for the price!

1 Like

I completely agree! I haven’t seen that particular Malbec, but I have their standard label in the pantry always. They do some blends too that are really delicious.

1 Like

I need to put some more effort into finding a good Cuban place in Houston. We used to have a place sort of near our house that had a pretty decent ropa vieja and an excellent mango salsa, but they got bought out and the South American dishes disappeared and they went more standard Tex Mex. :sob:

My last attempt at a different place it turned out they only have ropa vieja as an occasional special and that’s my favorite Cuban dish!

1 Like

Surprisingly the Cuban at the main qs at Caribbean Beach is pretty dang good. Also there is a bbq place here in Charlotte that does a really amazing Cuban too. I agree it’s somewhat hard to find good places with constant dishes on the menu. I know what I’m getting for lunch tomorrow!

2 Likes

There used to be Gloria Estefan’s restaurant, Bongos, in Disney Springs. I ate there once a decade ago. It closed in 2019.

3 Likes

Oh, I used to eat at her Miami restaurant Larios quite a bit in the 90s (1992-1994?) when I was auditing a client there. That’s probably where I developed a taste for Cuban.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing Ann did about not any Cuban food in WDW and it’s FL. Maybe to the locals they have too much good Cuban food out there but for us that live elsewhere I coulda used a good Cuban sandwich or some more plantains that at the booth in Epcot (which the plantains were great, the lamb curry too fatty). Vero Beach might have a Cuban sandwich in their marketplace. I’ll check today.

3 Likes

We let everyone sleep in a bit. DM decided to take a rest day and the rest of us made it to AK about 10am.

Posted wait for the Safari was 45 min but actual was 23. A few of the pictures;

15 Likes

:musical_note: “These are a few of my favorite things!” :musical_note:

4 Likes

Snack and cavalcades!

11 Likes

Ooh I didn’t know Mr. Kamal’s was open! Is it open every day or intermittently?

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It is open daily! :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes