To trip report or not to trip report

I should have just started in with “:notes:The stars at night :notes: “ and see who claps… :joy:

8 Likes

And thanks for helping talk me off the ledge last night when the wait times went crazy! Glad you PDTers were still up!

4 Likes

And then there was ice cream. The pristine, low-light shots came out terrible. :laughing:

7 Likes

Just because. How can you not love a pizza sun?

9 Likes

Last line of the day!

We did more repeats today than expected due to
missing 2 party members on HS Day 1, so less time for some of the “on the bubble filler” we were considering, but good enough for what was really a bonus trip in our minds!

11 Likes

It is amazing how much more you appreciate things the better you understand them. Once someone explained you’re supposed to imagine what it’s like to be at each location depicted in these sort of scenes, I was all :heart_eyes:

I mean, now it seems sort of obvious, I guess, but I don’t intuit well…

7 Likes

MMRR is such a cute ride!

TTFN HS!

9 Likes

Oh, wait! Cavalcade! :joy:

Ok, can we keep the cavalcades? I just really love the spontaneity of them. (The big parades are such a time sink.)

16 Likes

“Hold on to your straw hats!”

:white_check_mark: :joy:

Since DM hadn’t been on the Skyliner, instead of walking straight to Swan, we took the Skyliner to Epcot and will walk to the Swan from there.

12 Likes

Hmmmm…almost got busted for parking at Swan maybe?

There was an attendant at the parking booth on the way out and a cone blocking the lane where you pay. We pulled into the Hotel Guests lane and DH quickly paid while the attendant walked over.

“Are you hotel guests?”

DH: “No, we were just here looking around. We’re all good” and zipped out through the open gate before she could question us further.

6 Likes

where did you find the kahlua tini???

Joffrey’s Pixar Place. It was good but not amazing. I think it’s available at most (if not all) Joffrey’s.

2 Likes

Wow! No idea! Thanks!

I’ll take “I didn’t make it”:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

MM is the only place I have ever had an issue trying to order a kids meal.

1 Like

We made it back to the room to chillax for a couple hours. Then the boys went swimming while DH and I fetched dinner, a few groceries, and gassed the van.

Note: There is a slightly closer location that is currently closed for remodel. But, this one shares a parking lot with a Publix so that ended up working out well. It’s about 15-20 min from WDW.

Note: There was an option to upgrade to all lamb, and we took it!

11 Likes

7 Likes

The Gideon’s cookie is excellent, but the Nom Nom cookie from earlier in the day gets a slight edge.

Challenge dropped: Nom Nom cookie with a scoop of ice cream.

Make it happen, Liners!

8 Likes

We felt ok with the Swan hack and treating them as a paid parking lot when it seemed like they didn’t really care, but have no desire to have to justify ourselves to a parking lot attendant, so have scrapped using that for our remaining 2 Epcot days.

Unfortunately, that also nixed my plans for us to do To-Go breakfasts from A&C and Trattoria those days. (If it was just me, I’d probably park at HS and walk over, but the rest of the fam isn’t quite as food dedicated as I am. :laughing:)

So, today it was breakfast in the room of a lot of random bits…

We got to the rolls at Epcot parking at 9:56 and we were about 8 cars back. Tolls opened at 10am.

6 Likes

You could always park at HS and boat or SL to Boardwalk/Yacht Club.

1 Like