To trip report or not to trip report

Did DS have any shellfish last night? Regarding my anecdote I shared about my brother who threw up on our bed at OKW, I remembered later that that occasion was when he first started to learn he had a shellfish allergy. Which was tragic, cause he learned to love crabs and lobster young and then suddenly he couldn’t eat it anymore.

With sushi, more likely it was the raw fish of course. But just throwing that out there in case it’s relevant. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I thought this same thing!

3 Likes

Not more throwing…just kidding!

We kid DS because we’ve been there and because we care. Hope everyone has an amazing dinner and can’t wait to hear your review.

5 Likes

He had a spicy tuna roll and a rainbow roll, so not positive what was on the rainbow roll. We eat shellfish quite a bit, so that would be unexpected. Everyone else is fine, so we suspect he just got unlucky with a bad piece. It happens.

Date night was great. We’ve been eating way much food, so we went really light and it felt perfect. It was a really nice variety. We plan to go back for dim sum as a family on our last day in Orlando so I’ll have a better variety to comment on then.

While DH and I napped after HS, DM took the DS11s to play mini-golf. Then while we were at dinner she took all 3 boys to the pool. They brought pizza back to the room from one of the pool bars and are eating now.

DD20 has been sleeping ever since HS so trying to roust her for pizza now.

We have sushi scheduled again for Sunday evening. I did check today to make sure there are non-sushi options available for anyone not ready.

13 Likes

This was my thought last night too - so sudden and severe seemed like an allergic response

5 Likes

I believe you mean “safari so good.” :triumph: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Years ago dh and I had dinner at a seafood restaurant downtown. When our dinners arrived at the table we both liked each other’s better so we switched. Everything tasted fine, we finished dinner and we started walking back to the car.

During walk to the parking garage I started to not feel great. About 2 blocks from the restaurant I decorated the sidewalk next to a construction fence (odd things that you remember decades later!) and immediately felt better.

The next day we called the restaurant to tell them I got sick and they blamed it on whatever I ate earlier that day because “there was no way anyone gets sick that quickly after eating.” Before I hung up with them, they fully understood that I didn’t agree. :upside_down_face:

I’m not allergic to any foods so I am pretty sure it was bad fish!

I am so glad your ds is feeling better!!

4 Likes

Hilarious!

1 Like

I’m literally drooling! Ice cream sundae has been on my mind. We tried to get my favorite Black and Tan sundae on Memorial Day but the shop was closed!:weary:

4 Likes

I’ve a friend who co-owns several restaurants. She told me years ago that real food poisoning hits very quickly, inside half an hour. She also said if you get food poisoning at a restaurant, do the restaurant a favor and let them know instead of calling the health department, LOL. So I got a salad at a place downtown; it had sprouts on it, and I was wildly sick within 20 minutes. After my first trip to the ladies’ room, I called the restaurant to let them know the sprouts were probably tainted. They thanked me and took the ready-to-serve salads off the line. (Well, they said they were gonna.) I felt absolutely horrid for about an hour until I had thrown up all the offending salad. Emailed my friend and told her, “Dang, you were right. That was fast!” Still – no fun.

4 Likes

I’ve been starting to plan our August 2022 trip and in addition to adding the excellent idea of “Polynesian Tapas” from @amvanhoose_701479 (which I hope is still a possibility from an entirely mobile order perspective post-covid) I was also adding DB7 to our DHS lunch plans specifically for the kefta meatballs and hummus! We’ll have discarded my less-than-adventurous-eater parents by that point in the trip and my sister is a vegetarian so it works out perfectly. So consider us influenced as well!

4 Likes

Discarded your parents! :joy: Harsh!

4 Likes

They harsh on my different restaurants in Disney vibes! We love all the restaurants at AKL and all around the World Showcase and similar and my dad is all, “I don’t know, I don’t really like garlic” :unamused: So yeah, as far as eating is concerned, it gets more interesting once they’re gone! But we still invite them.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Food freedom is the biggest part of what I look forward to in solo trips (aside from the solitude, which I crave)

4 Likes

I think the things that hit later (at the 24 hour mark) hit in a different way….

4 Likes

DM made “first breakfast” for the early risers. Which was 9am today!

Then DH and I fetched brunch buffet provisions from Capt Cooks:

The security guard paused a half beat and then just asked to see the mobile order and photo ID.

18 Likes

I want to come and have brunch with you!!

3 Likes

I just love how you are doing food! Taking notes

4 Likes

I :heartbeat: Tonga Toast!

2 Likes

It was definitely tasty and glad we made the effort to try it, but not sure I’d go out of my way for it. (Perhaps better piping hot, it had cooled a bit before we got back.)

4 Likes