To trip report or not to trip report

Mr. Kamal’s was on my list of snacks to try, but we never had time and it was overridden by Dole whips (can’t complain about that!). Were they good!? I love fries and I love dipping sauces.

4 Likes

The dumplings were very tasty but nothing life changing. A good choice for something light. The fries were yummy and went quick too. It’s a good, solid snack choice. Or a light meal perhaps if you’re not splitting it 6 ways!

This one is closed, but curious if anyone’s had it? The menu picture looked yummy…

4 Likes

Yeah that one has good stuff and has never opened since pandemic :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes and that’s the best option on the menu there. It’s very similar to the bbq mac and cheese they serve at Flame Tree, but you know with shrimp and chili sauce instead of pork and bbq sauce. Great little cup of yum!

1 Like

Kk. Added to my notes.

1 Like

While DH was buying our earlier snack at Kamal’s around 11:15am, I had popped into Y&Y with our Landry’s card and they said they could seat us in about 45 min. I got our return text just towards the ends of M Trek.

DD20 went a little crazy, wanting to order 3 apps and an entree, but the DS11s just wanted mac & cheese from the kids menu so we figured they’d be able to help her. (And I could taste things. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Mine:

It was absolutely outstanding, with just the right amount of heat.

DH:

He loved it. I tasted it. Mine was better. :sweat_smile:

DS16:

DS11.1 was the only one with room for dessert and got the chocolate pudding.

11 Likes

I think I’m going to try the curry on my next trip. Thanks for giving us a heat level! I like spice, but my system does not like heat.

1 Like

Gorilla Falls Trail was next.

12 Likes

Family nap! :gorilla::heart:

5 Likes

^ There is a gorilla just to the left of the base of the waterfall.

11 Likes

The heavy lunch followed by the heat had everyone lagging by this point. We popped down to Pandora to get a puzzle from the gift shop.

Ideally, I would have inserted Nomad here, but the waitlist was still showing as full and the troops were campaigning hard for Starbucks and the hotel. I conceded on the fraps and iced coffees, but I inserted a quick pilgrimage to the Tree…

14 Likes

Was that Korean beef as good as it looks? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the second time I have seen a picture of the Ahi Tuna Nachos today after previously not knowing of their existence! I may have to try them during our visit (but w/o the wasabi aioli).

Yes, it definitely was. I was able to snag several bites.

1 Like

Venturing out for dinner tonight…

So who’s had Ethiopian food? We’ve had it twice before. :laughing:

9 Likes

Hello beautiful :star_struck:

1 Like

I love Ethiopian food!! Enjoy!

1 Like

^ injera - the slightly sour, spongy pancake that is also your eating utensil - you tear off a strip of it amd use it to pinch up your bite of food

^ 1 lamb tibs, 1 beef tibs, 1 short ribs, 1 meat combination for one - the base is more injera

7 Likes

That’s one cuisine I haven’t tried. Just looking at the injera in person made me want to gag. I think I would like the other food though.

1 Like

I can see how someone could be put off by the taste and/or the texture, and it would be a bit off putting to try to eat on its own just to taste it so that’s not a good way to judge either.

It’s definitely something to go into with an open mind.

DS11.1 just isn’t a fan, so he’d used it more like chopsticks (just use it to pick up the food but not actually eat it).

Our kids tend to pick out the meat and avoid the vegetables, so I deliberately picked meat-intensive dishes this time.

4 Likes