To trip report or not to trip report

Then there was lounging and napping (and the omnipresent laundry while I tried to catch up here).

Which brings us to this. Because 2020.1 :laughing: #notacondiment

Anyone cringing again??? :joy:

7 Likes

Just sent DM the link to this trip report. Hope I haven’t said anything too negative about her! :joy:

:heart: you, Mom! So glad to have you on this trip with us!

8 Likes

I read the whole report and NO negative comments!!! It was nice to see everyone there and helping w/ the wheel chair :wink:

5 Likes

It’s mainly been DS16. But he’s an athlete so it’s at least a useful workout for him! But he’s taken it on with pretty much zero complaint.

I think it’s been a wash on the wheelchair slowing us down because of the times they’ve scooted us ahead.

7 Likes

Well, and she was awesome to stay behind one day to keep an eye on the one recovering from food poisoning too; amazingly kind!!! Good grandma move :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

For the table:

DD20:

DS16: (:no_entry_sign: :sushi: :sweat_smile:)

No, we didn’t ask what a chili bomb is. I would have been all over whatever it is though…

DS11s:

Eel, shrimp, and a whole lot of salmon. Server “They’ll eat eel?!? I’m impressed!” :laughing:. And yes, I carry fun chops.

DM:

DH:

DH said if you like uni, it was pretty amazing and worth every penny.

Mine :heart_eyes:

I did not upgrade to the A5. With all that other stuff going on, I’m not sure the difference could be that discernible.

2 locations. Sand Lake location on Turkey Lake Road is closer to Disney.

11 Likes

Not gonna lie, my tummy did a little flip when I saw the sushi again. :joy:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

16 Likes

Second round of sushi for the DS11s… :sweat_smile:

There was another piece of salmon that barely hit the table. Thus, the blurry shot. Server came by 30 seconds later “Oh, your nigiri still isn’t here?” :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

Ha ha ha. This is me…. And this happens too where people take a bite and I have to try and strategically take the photo so you can’t tell

1 Like

Yeah, notice the back part of the calamari plate…:roll_eyes:

Ha ha ha. I did that with the salad here…

Sometimes I do it myself take a bit and go oops. I just get so excited about food. Hence my size cuz I do promise I work out. Lol.

9 Likes

Oh. Wait. I forgot. :sweat_smile:

Something else significant happened today. Let’s play…Name That Virtual Queue!

I got in the virtual queue at 11:09am. Estimated wait 210 minutes.

Anyone?

1 Like

Gideons!

2 Likes

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I got in the queue before brunch with about 4 different execution plans depending on when I got called back.

We got back to the hotel and I was just sorting laundry when the text came at 1:31. (Less than 2.5 hours! :sweat_smile:)

I texted back I’d be there within 30 min. (Not acknowledged, no idea if it was received or necessary.) Got the first load of laundry in the washer and then executed a flawless solo extraction mission:

Actual wait in the physical queue was about 10 min.

So here’s tonight’s dessert:

Keep in mind I’m not a huge dessert person. That cake is insanely good. Make sure you have milk!

More data points: The cookies will keep on the counter for 3 days. They will keep 6 months in the freezer if you leave them in their individual wrapper and put them in a ziploc. The piece of cake did NOT count against my 6 cookie limit.

10 Likes

Cookies and cream is one of my favorite flavors so I think that looks amazing!

4 Likes

You know how some cakes look so much better than they taste? Yeah. Well. This tastes even better than it looks. :trophy:

5 Likes

Oh, and it was so good to be back on Disney property for most of the day. We were in the Raglan Road gift shop and I look around and EVERYONE is wearing masks. Well. Except several members of my party. “Um, guys…???”

So much better than trying to minimize the twins’ time inside the lovely AC and herding them away from others constantly.

5 Likes

Ok so I guess I have to go to DS after that glowing recommendation and @Jeff_AZ Boathouse review. Darn y’all!

4 Likes

And the DS11s couldn’t resist getting into the chocolate frogs and flies DM bought for them…

10 Likes