To Memory Maker or not to Memory Maker?

Edited: I just went on to see and it’s $17/each for photo download, 1.95 for a 4x6, 3.95 for a 5x7, and 5.95 for an 8x10

I think I was thinking of the cost for the one day

But considering the cost of each digital download, it might be more affordable to go that way if you were only looking for one pic. As soon as you’ve hit 10 downloads you’ve paid for MM where you could get literally hundreds

3 Likes

We used MM a fair amount when it was included in my AP. Now that it’s not however I won’t pay for it. First out of principle. But secondly because there are fewer and fewer photographers around lately and when they are there, there are always lines for pictures. We are usually in a hurry to get somewhere or hot and tired this time of year and don’t want to bother waiting in line. So we took our own photos. Also I believe the photographers can use your phone to take pictures again now? I may be wrong on that. But if not you can always ask another guest for a whole-group shot.

1 Like

This! Although I would still recommend it, OP should reconcile that as with all things WDW, IMO the photographers are by in large not of the caliber they were 20 years ago.

1 Like

You have all hit on all of the pros and cons that have me waffling on this decision! I anticipate that we will be busy with our touring plan in the parks. And I will be annoyed waiting on any kind of line just to get our pictures taken. But… without MM, I’m worried I won’t end up in many of our pictures.

1 Like

We’ve never gotten MM. It’s pricey and 1-We are so on the move and having so much fun that I don’t usually notice when we’re near photographers. I have occasionally gotten them to take pics using my phone, though. 2-Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m SO not a fan of the magic shots. They’re just not my thing. I have lots of friends that wouldn’t consider not buying MM but we’ve gotten by just fine without it!

Did you know that 90% of Disney photographers know little to nothing about their Nikon camera. Most just focus and shot.

1 Like

Memory Maker is no longer included with an AP.

Some might but most will not. There is always someone around though that would be happy to do it for you especially if ou return the favor.