TL, BB or none in late Jan/ early Feb

I’m planning a trip for Jan. 29- Feb. 3 2020 for my family (self, DH, DD2, DD4), DM, DF, FIL, MIL, SIL and BIL). BIL will be 23 and it will be his first EVER trip to Disney. I asked him what rides he think he might like to do and he says “I really like water rides.” We are there for 4 park days only, so my plan did not include TL or BB. Instead I have us doing AK, MK, EP, MK. (Hoping for EMM for our last MK day, PPO every other day). Since he doesn’t really know enough about the parks to know that there aren’t too many water rides, I was thinking of just leaving it at that. But, since he is 23 and may have enough for one day at MK, maybe a day or a half day at TL or BB may not be such a bad idea. My questions are 1) which water park for this time of year for a first timer? I’d send some other willing adult with him, but no one that has been to a water park. Everyone else has been to Disney before, but I did all the planning on that trip so it would be novices. 2) Can he do a half day at the water park and then meet us at MK without park hopper? 3) No FPP for water parks rights? Thanks in advance!

IMO TL is much better than BB but at that time of year there is generally only one of them that is open.

He will need park hopper plus or pay an additional ticket.

Indeed no FPP.

1 Like

I think for someone 23 BB would be better. BB has more thrill slides. But as been said it depends which one is closed for refurb while you are there. Also, half a day should be plenty of time in the winter. It can be a bit chilly and when it gets too cold they will close the one that is open.

1 Like

That’s a very good point. Actually, other than Plummit Summit at BB, there are no real ‘‘thrill’’ slides at Disney Waterparks; they are very family oriented (no surprise I guess). Personally, I am not a huge fan of Plummit Summit but I really LOVE the wave pool at TL.

1 Like

This old guy also much prefers TL too. Much more of a relaxing day

1 Like

This ^^^^

Only one will be open anyway. They close one in October until December and the other January to March. It alternates each year as to which is first.

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! I’ll wait to see which one will actually be open, factor in extra cost and go from there.

Funny, but I didn’t interpret “water rides” as “water parks” at all. To my family that means something like Kali River Rapids or even Splash Mountain. Maybe you need to clarify with him.

1 Like

We did both TL and BB on our last trip. We did TL first and loved it- we found the rides to be more exciting, the theming better, and the wave pool is awesome. We spent the entire day at TL from RD to closing and the time flew by. BB was really disappointing. We had high hopes it would be similar to TL, but it wasn’t. Summit Plummet was a fun slide, but that was really the only thing we enjoyed. We stayed in the park about 2 hours, then left and went over to HS.