Titles

This is true in so, so many ways.

Fun! I loved that movie, it was cute.

6 Likes

[quote=“PrincipalTinker, post:134, topic:95691, full:true”]If I can help at any time, just PM me.

[/quote]

Ah, now this might help me explain why I think it’s good for people to be able to see that there are mods and how to identify them.

So that if they do want to, they can PM one of them.

For example if I feel that a thread is becoming a free-for-all cluster duck, I have three options

1. Mute it and pretend it isn’t there - done that before!
  2. Report a random post and explain that it’s one of several
  3. PM a moderator

If I don’t know who the moderators are, don’t know how to identify them and there’s no “how to” guide around, then I can’t do any of those 3 things.

I can understand taking a low-key approach to identifying the moderators, but maybe a “Welcome to the TP forum” pinned post with some how-to guides and who to contact would be an alternative.

6 Likes

If we were to create such a pinned post (thank you for the idea) what info do users think should be included without being overwhelming? I know there is the tutorial, but I don’t think the tutorial addresses what you are asking for.

4 Likes

A link to the tutorial would be good. :wink: Seriously there’s a tutorial??? Did I miss every single useful piece of info when I joined here? :woman_facepalming:t4:

Just a general welcome, any posting guidelines you want to include, how to get technical help, and who and how to contact people.

You know how we always get questions asking if something will be added to the touring plans, the crowd calendar or if something in the app isn’t working, so how to contact the TP team. That kind of thing. And then maybe just the active moderators of the forum in case anyone wants to contact you.

4 Likes

It was a while ago but I’m pretty sure it popped up a n option when I first joined.

3 Likes

I think the software started automatically sending the tutorial through PMs. I found it this way:

3 Likes

You know the funny thing?

I’ve just noticed in the “About Us” section the Admins and Mods ae listed. But not all of them that were on the link that @JJT posted.

4 Likes

I found this new user guide helpful. Of course it is only on how to use the discourse forum in general, nothing TP specific.

There is also a Moderation Guide

3 Likes

There should have been a pop-up on your first visit but if I recall it is pretty easy to miss or bypass. But I think if you go in your profile and settings you can check a box turn back on the intro tutorial and go through it. Been a while since I looked there no so you might have to fish around to find it

1 Like

I agree about having a pinned post, I was thinking about it and then smiled when I read it in @Nicky_S ’s post. I don’t remember a tutorial, but I may have missed it. Is it a pinned post? I sometimes get familiar “blindness” where I just visually skip over things I see all the time and don’t actually read what they are. This is particularly true with pinned things :woman_facepalming:. Wondering if anyone takes a look at what is pinned and makes sure it’s still relevant/ pin worthy?

At the risk of continuing to stir the pot :grimacing: is pinning at the top of each sub category the best way to identify important information or should there perhaps be a Important Information category? Probably a moot point and there is not anything wrong with the current setup, I’m just trying to see if there is a way to make it even better (though that is subjective). I’m also avoiding doing so tasks and can justify that while “getting caught up” on the forum. :innocent::innocent:

4 Likes

I just got a message back but no tutorial! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Don’t worry.

I don’t care about others as much as I care about myself so I’m keeping mine

19 Likes

While you often live up to your title, I think it should be a hologram where if you look at it from the other angle it says “Voice of snark in a sea of fishes” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

21 Likes

Oh I LOVE this Jeff!

Oh if only Laurel could fix me now I would beg of her to make it so!

9 Likes

Does @LaurelStewart not respond here? She was “Seen” here last week.

6 Likes

I first joined that forum in 2019 when David linked it here. I do want to caution, this forum does not have all of the same features as some discourse forums (trust levels for example). I often will search that forum when an update changes something here. Sometimes it is hard to know if changes are “by design” or glitches.

I don’t remember if I read the new user guide all those years ago so I am going to read it again!

6 Likes

:tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen her reply to anything in a long time.

Her last post was in 2018
The last time she dropped a :heart: on anything was 2017

3 Likes

I know that

Just interesting that the forum has seen her recently.

4 Likes

Oh. Sorry.

I’ll shut up now

(no I won’t)

(you already knew that)

:wink:

I think she might have come to see what the tagging was about.

8 Likes