’Tis the season for holiday Member events! This is a bizarre for Disney-

I don’t. Not as long as they are selling out the dessert parties. There is no need to further incentivize it. Disney does things to increase revenue. They wouldn’t start giving away park tickets for something that doesn’t need to include it. But in this case, I think Disney needs to get more people to show up to spend money, so this is one way they are doing it. Like I mentioned before…APRs are not filled up for these dates for any park…so…they are kind of desperate to get more people to be there!

It lasted until they ended FastPass+ altogether.

1 Like

Ok so we know that ya have to have a room reservation in order to book the event…

• so we know Disney is well aware DVC has no rooms available, but park reservations as you said aren’t full…

And if as you said they are “desperate” to get more people in - if that is the plan to backfill those tickets sales/APR than depending on how quickly it sells out we may see more similar offers…

Yes. Absolutely this.

I think this is because we are and have been moving toward the elimination of APRs

2 Likes

The part that has me scratching my head is the very last minute, short time frame to “enroll/opt in” and lack of details around the event — what food/drinks will be included etc. It’s definitely a test. But I can’t figure out what it’s for or who they are targeting.

1 Like

Exactly! Thank you said that that far better than I have been able to communicate…

And I invite speculation and conversation as too the why…potential impacts ect…

1 Like

To me the last minute nature of this only adds to my assumption that Disney is trying to figure out how to get more guests into the park that they have added Extended Hours for.