Tips on my kids first trip

Thanks so much for your wonderful tips @davej
we tend to like the nighttime shows but i will take your tips in consideration because i really dont want them to have meltdowns in the heat. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Are your children familiar with oversized characters? Some children are cautious around seeing the life size version of their cartoons.

Maybe show them some videos or pictures of what they can expect.

1 Like

Such great advice, couldn’t have said it better myself~

1 Like

@Shellott_hill I will show them some videos this week. thanks

One thing I would keep in mind is that it’s still miserably hot in September. Days where you can get an early start, that will make a big difference. We try to ever overplan our afternoons because of the heat and the volatile weather. My daughter could also never hang much past her usual bedtime.

1 Like

This is a great tip. We also showed our 5 and 2 yo ride videos so they’d know what to expect (and we could get a sense of if the 2yo would be scared of anything). Turned out he did NOT like dark rides, so we could plan around that or split up. Good luck!

1 Like

I would hands down. Chef Mickey’s is good and has the classic characters. But Topolino’s food is the best I’ve had on property and you still get the main four characters - just in their special outfits.

(Of course the convenience of Chef Mickey’s being walking distance/one stop from MK is another factor to consider)

1 Like