Tips for Disney Memory Maker Shares?

When doing a Memory Maker share, are there any good tips?
I assume you setup a community account to link the memory maker to? Everyone gets the login details for it? Use paypal to purchase it.
As far as number of people, I assume 5-6 is a good number? Can you run into problems if there are more than 6 groups? Like pics not loading or showing up?

That all sounds great. I would not do more than 4-5 participants personally. There’s no problem with pics not showing up, but it can be a LOT of photos to wade through to get to your own if there are more than that

4-5 families is a good number. I’ve done them a couple of times no problems. I would make sure the number of people in a “family” is a relatively small number. I got kind of annoyed when one of the families that signed up was actually a big family trip consisting of 3 or more individual family groups: grandparents, their kids, their grandkids. That was a bit much IMO. I spelled it out the next time that I didn’t want more people than what fit in 1 hotel room to count as a group.

2 Likes

Good rule.

That’s my thing two. Even for my own family (which is a party of 7). I limited us to connecting 3 people to the MM share account. Too many people in there just gets a bit confusing.

thats a good rule…
I’m heading up a group now and will ask everyone how many is in their group.
Question, on mouseowner forums, someone said only the leader should have the login details. Everyone only gets the login details at the end when they are getting their pictures. Is that a good rule? I figured everyone in the group should get the login details. Otherwise they won’t be able to see what pics of theirs are in it until after their vacation, right?

I think that’s how mine have worked. I’ve only gone into shares with people I’m familiar with, and who I thereby think I can trust. So I haven’t paid a lot of attention to that. But I think that’s how it went.

“I think that’s how mine have worked.”
where only one person had the login details?

Yes. Until we were all back and ready for dowloads

The two shares I’ve been in, everyone had the login info.

I told the group (strangers on facebook…6 families total including mine) that everyone would have the login to the dummy account. Does it matter? Are there any cons to everyone having the login? Could anything really bad happen?

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything wrong so long as everyone understands when they can begin downloading photos and not to do it before that date

2 Likes

Ok. thats a huge relief to know. I’m leaning more towards letting everyone have the login and just making that download part very clear.
Question…if a family in the group doesn’t use magic bands, how would they link up to MM? How would that work?

The only other potential issue is that if people don’t correct the share settings you could in theory see and accidentally edit other people plans. Make sure that all people connected update the permissions to say “only shared plans”. I do it on both ends to be safe.

I have done it both ways - first time everyone had login details and was responsible for connecting themselves. I really liked that because it was up to you to handle your group.

This time, I’m the lead and haven’t given out the login details because of the shared plans issue. I have a few people who are super new to MDE. I did offer the login details to anyone who felt more comfortable have them from the start.

I think we got login before we left but I was very new to it all and was stressed about accidentally downloading pics too soon so I didn’t even log in to the dummy account until we returned. Our leader gave out great instructions and I don’t think any of us had any problems. She also put our pictures in big files so we just had to download the files when it was time and then go in and delete others pics after the files were on our computer. You still see your pics on your actual mde.

“The only other potential issue is that if people don’t correct the share settings you could in theory see and accidentally edit other people plans. Make sure that all people connected update the permissions to say “only shared plans”. I do it on both ends to be safe.”

Wouldn’t everyone have their own MDE accounts that have their room and tickets and fastpasses separate? And then the shared dummy MDE account will have nothing except for people’s wristbands linked to it for pictures?
Or will that dummy MDE account also have access to people’s plans as well?

Connecting to the dummy account is just like connecting to any other account on MDE. Typically, people are connecting to plan together - so they want to see each other’s plans. For example, I am connected to my mom and my sister on MDE and we share all our plans, which means I can see their plans and they can see mine - tickets, reservations and eventually fastpasses. This does include confirmation numbers on ADRs as well.

If I login to the dummy account I am currently using, everything is set to “only shared plans”. Nothing is shown, since no plans are shared. The only thing that shows on the dummy account is the memory maker.