Tips/Advice Needed for WDW over Christmas Week - Please help!

I think that’s the perfect attitude to have about a trip over the holiday. Plus for us it was great to be enjoying 85 degree weather while it was snowing at home.

1 Like

We’re planning a Christmas trip this year too! We’ll be leaving on 12/27 and coming home on 1/4. Which means New Year’s Eve at the World! I’m actually pretty excited for it. Like so many have mentioned, we are planning on taking it slow, enjoy the shows we don’t normally watch and plan, plan, plan ahead of time. I’m going to make sure all of my dinner reservations are set well in advance. I’m going to clear my calendar to make sure I don’t work the day of FPP reservations. And I may even go for one of the special tours.

As far as crowds go, well, I’m a Disneyland local. And the truth is, it’s a rare night that Main Street isn’t packed for fireworks. I’m used to being shoulder to shoulder when trying to navigate through the park. We’re looking forward to it not being 95 degrees with 95% humidity. My daughter is still marveling over the fact that it gets cold at WDW in the winter!

I’m also going to try and snag a Savannah view studio at AKL after the 7 month mark for the last half of our trip. As I told my husband, I want a room where we can just hang out and watch some animals. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We were in Epcot a few years ago for NYE, I managed to get an ADR for R&C (we had outside seating) just at the time for the fireworks and for the British New Year (obviously a few hours behind) which the Brits at R&C celebrated and it was fantastic, one of my most special moments :grinning: sure it was packed, loud and excitable, but I will never forget it.
Plan, plan, plan…I may see you there this year, but with those crowds…needle/haystack :wink::grin:

2 Likes