Tipping at meals while at Disney, just how high will it go?

Rhondda?:wink:

(I’m only a fan by location. I don’t care for football and none of what you said makes any sense to me LOL)

4 Likes

6:05, outside the stadium.
Special delivery for Hoops McCan.
Brut and charisma poured from the shadow where he stood,
lookin’ good, he’s a crowd-pleasin’ man.

3 Likes

The goat’s name is Bill. Don’t pretend it’s anything else.

2 Likes

One on one, he’s schoolyard Superman.
Crashin’ the backboards, he’s Jungle Jim, again.
When it’s all over, we’ll make some calls from my car.
We’re a star.
It’s a glamour profession.
The L.A. concession.

1 Like

The whole tipping system is messed up when you think about it. If I order a grilled cheese and Coke for $10, ask for 3 refills on the Coke and leave a $5 tip I am hero. If I order Prime Rib and a nice glass of red for $65, and leave a $10 tip I am a cheapskate, despite providing that server twice as much money for less service.

6 Likes

But this is also why tipping should not be made compulsory (or automatically baked into the price), It isn’t a perfect system, and as such, you are perfectly able to adjust your tipping as you see fit. At the same time, the 20% rule gives a good general guideline to follow. But when circumstances are outside the norm, it is an opportunity to adjust.

I also like to think about the “career” of waiting. Few people start their waiting jobs in restaurants that have fine dining/expensive prices. They’ll learn at places that cost less and pay less, much as is the case in any career. As you get better, you are more likely able to move to other jobs who require more experience. Then you get paid more. For those who wish not to progress in such a manner (such as those who are just working to pay for school or whatever) that’s fine. But for those who, for whatever reason, plan to wait for the foreseeable future, they have kind of a path toward growth.

1 Like

Ain’t there a man you can say no more?
And, ain’t there a woman I can sock on the jaw?
And, ain’t there a child I can hold without judging?
Ain’t there a pen that will write before they die?
Ain’t you proud that you’ve still got faces?
Ain’t there one damn song that can make me
Break down and cry?

3 Likes

:joy::sweat_smile:

I’m curious to know if you’ve ever looked into how much teachers actually make.

And yes, I know what I’m stepping in. But I’ll take it over another tipping and service pay mutated monster thread. I already know how that movie ends. At least this one has pictures of goats.

Definitely. I have several family members who are teachers. And friends.

I have very few family members who are friends.

7 Likes

Not just any old goats either.

All aboard the Caribe Cannibal,
Off to Barbados just for the ride.
Jack with his radar, stalking the dread moray eel,
at the wheel with his Eurasian bride.
On the town, we dress for action.
“Celluloid bikers” is Friday’s theme.
I drove the Chrysler, watched from the darkness as they danced.
I’m the one.
(It’s a glamour profession, the L.A. concession)

2 Likes

Teachers get paid a lot for what they do. Less than a 40 hour work week, DD school runs 7:45 am to 2 pm. It’s not like they get there early and set up or stay late. They don’t go home and write lesson plans or grade papers. They don’t have to go to school functions after hours. They also don’t get talked to like pieces of sh*t by the students or their parents. They don’t have to fear their job being taken away by budget cuts or computers or internet.

Yes I think TEACHERS should make more than most professions.

Yes I thank a VET. because I’m able to write this without fear and I thank TEACHERS because I can read and write this.

But most of all I thank my parents because they were both TEACHERS and Dad is also a VET. He worked 2 full time jobs so me and my sister would not have to want for anything we really needed.

Sorry I really admire TEACHERS and VETS.

1 Like

But are they grossly underpaid? Some of them probably are. Some are grossly overpaid. But generally and relatively speaking, teachers don’t do all that bad. I think a lot of Americans would be surprised to find out just how well most teachers do.

When the teachers I know complain about their jobs it usually has something to do with parents. Rarely compensation.

You can bathe and groom that billy goat, and dress him in the finest military kit. He’s still going to urinate on his beard the first chance he gets. Goats is goats.

1 Like

How many people with a 4 or 5 year degree who are doing what they went to school to do have to work 2 jobs? Having parents who were teachers and going to school to be one myself I know more than a handful of them myself that work two jobs to make ends meet.
Don’t get me wrong people who go to school to be teacher know that the are not going to get rich by any means at doing their jobs.

I’m sorry this is a very sore subject for me so I apologize and I will stop posting on this subject.

1 Like

No worries. Teacher compensation can vary considerably by state and locality, as can one’s perspective.

At least we’re not arguing about tipping again.

1 Like

OMG ROFLMAO your right I completely forgot about that. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like