Tipping and Magic Bands

Probably because there was an announcement, though I don’t think it came from Disney themselves. I didn’t know it was standard practice and I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

Can you put a gift card on your magic band?

No you can’t.

1 Like

Just keep in mind they will run the charges through your bank every 5th day if you are staying longer. So the hold from days 1-4 will get ran and money will be actually removed from your account then. As long as you pay them off before the 5 day period they shouldn’t go past the hold stage.

2 Likes

That is how other hotels are doing it but @davidjjenkins1961 is reporting his account was charged once he went over $100?

1 Like

Since when has it been every 5th day? It’s always been when you hit the limit - we stay 2 weeks and have only been charged on our last day.

There were reports on chat of it working in the way @lecras describes in the first week though. I haven’t seen it mentioned since in all honesty. I’d think we would have if cards were being charged every time they hit $100.

1 Like

@missoverexcited and I am sure UK Liners would have been complaining about the bank/currency exchange charges.

1 Like

Agree - and I have seen no mention of this changing. The limits are based on the category of the resort, with Value resorts having the lowest limit and Deluxe the highest.

1 Like

When the holds policy changed this month. Every 5th day then on checkout day.

I googled and found it. I haven’t heard that mentioned anywhere but I suppose everyone was more bothered about having the hold on their card.

3 Likes

Yeah think the 5th day thing doesn’t apply to as many ppl, but still just good to know. We charge everything to MB then usually pay off day before checkout with GC. If I wouldn’t have paid attention to fine print I would have been having issues come day 5 of 10

1 Like

We don’t get gift cards over here so it’s all on the credit card anyway. Still good to know though.

2 Likes

So just to be clear, if I am using gift cards to pay, I should go down to the desk on Day 5 and 10? I am staying for 10 nights/11 days

@davidjjenkins1961 is there now, paying with gift cards, did you see his report?

I have now, but don’t see mention of that? I tend to skim through trip reports and just look at pictures. Can you point me to a specific part? Thanks

This is their experience this week trying to use gift cards.

got it thanks. So I’ll just carry my gift card with me and pay for everything as I go with that.

Thanks again. :smile:

From my understanding it will have to be prior to the 5th night. They run the charges at a crazy early hour, so if you wait until 6am the 5th day charges may have already been put through.