Tip for those who Print their Touring Plans

I you’re like me and prefer to not stare at your phone all the time, this may be of some help!

If you have steps in your plans like: Breaks, Rope Drops, Special Tours not listed, or a break step added in for a different reason, after you hit view & print you may will repeated info like this:
11:30am for 10 minutes
**** Staying inside the park
4:00pm for 10 minutes
**** Staying inside the park

I like to clean up my plan a bit so it’s easier to follow and read. From that print page I select (highlight) the whole plan and copy. I paste it to Word so I can customize. (Minimize the margin setting) Deleting unnecessary words, bolding, unbolding, adjusting font size. I will leave the “Break” showing, but just delete the step number so I’m left with 15 steps instead of 20. You can even delete the map if you don’t need it. And it’s easier to adjust the print size to what you prefer to carry in your pocket/bag. Hope this helps!

9 Likes

I’ll have to try this, Thanks.

1 Like

I do this, too. I put it into a table (convert text to table) and then color code it, as well. Very handy. Also, then you know how many pages you have to carry around.

1 Like

Nice, explain your different color coding categories please.

1 Like

Oh, people have their preferred colors. For me, it’s just one color per park, so when I’m bleary-eyed in the morning I don’t grab the wrong plan. But you could color code lands within a park, which would help you see how much criss-crossing you’re doing. You could also highlight must-do items or items at specific times, so they don’t get away from you, like ADRs or extra tours.

3 Likes

It’s nice to know their are people out there like me, ha! Great tips all - I will SO be doing this; hadn’t thought of it. I do have my color coded spreadsheet with tabs to work from, but it’s too unwieldy to print …

1 Like

Great ideas. I printed ours because I wanted to avoid using my phone during the trip. We also wanted to get extra FPs so I wasn’t able to avoid it completely, but maybe I can assign that task to my husband next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always carry a laminated copy of our touring plan with me. This will be the first time I am using this site to help develop it, though. In the past, I have used the Unofficial Guide and other info to roll my own. I have my own format and color code (for FP, ADR, shows) and I put in all relevant confirmation numbers, deposits, etc. I can fit it on a double sided 8.5x11 or smaller. I also “carry” an electronic copy of it just in case. I suppose with the Lines app this may not be necessary anymore. I just hate to not have a backup.

1 Like