Timing & Genie+

In 29 days, we will be on a plane bound for WDW! I have read the Genie+ threads, read through a couple of TRs, and thought about my touring plans, but nothing is written. :grimacing:

I have a few questions:

1. Do we really need an LL for Enchantment? It’s not on @Jeff_AZ priority list. Does it give you a better view near the Partners Statute? It will just be DH and I. I’m thinking we could squeeze in anywhere, though I would like to be on Main Street to see the projections.

2. It we don’t get Genie+ for Epcot, since we have two days and primarily there for FARTS, are there better times during the day to do standby for Remy? We are there on a Sunday and Friday. We won’t do EE or RD. We need to sleep in to recover from the likely late work hours during the week leading up to our vacation and getting up super early for our flight.

3. I woke up this morning and thought we should get Genie+ for Epcot on Sunday (Our first park day after Genie+ came into being). Thoughts?

4. For FOP, I plan on buying ILL at 5:47 drop. If I don’t get it, we would go standby. Risky? Would it be too risky for DH and I to both try to buy the ILL?

5. For our AK day on Saturday, we have WAT at 12:30. We don’t have EE and don’t plan on buying Genie+. We plan on riding Everest, Dinosaur, and FOP. And I want to go meet Mickey and Minnie! :wink: I’m thinking if we RD the regular opening time (9 AM), we can go meet Mickey and Minnie, ride Dinosaur, and then ride Everest (We can do single-rider here. But based on past trips, Everest’s standby line doesn’t get long that quickly.) Or would it be better to do the standby for FOP first?

2 Likes

As a rule I don’t include shows, entertainment, and M&Gs in my priority listing, partially cause I’m biased against it! You can watch Enchantment without a LL, but you might find it less stressful and have a better view for less wait if you have one. But I’ve never gotten one myself.

1 Like

If you’re not there for RD, I would go during Harmonious or last thing before you leave the park.

2 Likes

Personally I think I will always get it. For $30-60 (depending on price that day) you can save a couple of hours in line. Depends on what that is worth to you.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t you buy it at 7am? Are you staying offsite? It is pretty risky because FoP has long waits all the way till the end of the day. But getting in line right before park close would be a good option.

2 Likes

This will only work if you are there for EE. Otherwise you will have missed the window for low waits. I think your plan probably is fine, but ILL is worth the money for this ride, IMO!

3 Likes

Need to see how our day goes at MK.

Sure thing!

Yeah but $30-$60 can buy us some delicious snacks/food! :yum: With 2 days, FARTS focused, and just 3 rides (Cosmic, Remy, and LWTL) and Harmonious that are must dos, I wasn’t planning on Genie+. But if y’all disagree…

We changed our dates and couldn’t get the last 2 nights on site. Therefore, we will not be able to buy ILL at 7. I could try at 9 at opening to see if it dropped some more.

If we don’t get ILL, end of the day it will be.

Thanks!

2 Likes

End of evening, around Harmonious time. Or if you do end up getting G+ for 1 of your Epcot days, plan to use it for Remy.

Never gotten a FP or LL for evening shows. It’s easy to find a spot for 2 people but I normally do fireworks from afar or skip evening entertainments. Some people pay for parties to get a good spot. Depends on which camp you are in.

If you don’t mind the stand by, it should be fine to risk it. If both you and DH try and y’all manage to double book it (and double pay) either call it an expensive win or go to blue umbrella and say you were charged twice and need a refund on one.

Everest first. By the time you get there because you don’t have EE, FoP will be LOOONNNGGG.

2 Likes

(For FoP) 1000% agree

3 Likes

That would be work and take time! :sob:

2 Likes

You’re right — for two days you should be fine not getting Genie+, but be prepared to wait in a couple hour+ lines. Maybe buy it your second day if you feel like it.

2 Likes

Hold on…Enchantment doesn’t have an LL, at least from what I’m seeing in MDE. Right?

2 Likes

I don’t know, I’ve never cared to look. I was just accepting it was a thing since @stlouie said it was. :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s my thinking!

1 Like

I’m 99.9% certain it doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

Me too! Lol.

3 Likes

Only Genie+ not ILL.

1 Like

Yes, correct. There is no G+ option for Enchantment, Harmonious or Fantasmic.

2 Likes

I wish there was an option though. I would very likely use it as one of my G+ options with small kids.

3 Likes

There is a Genie+ option for Festival of Fantasy parade - maybe that’s what @stlouie was thinking of?

2 Likes