Time to allot for California Grill

Hello all!

I have a question regarding the time it takes to eat at the CG. I have read in a few places that it takes about 2 1/2 hrs. I will be eating with a 10 and 7 year old and while I think they are well behaved kids, I don’t think it is fair to make them sit that long for dinner. Can it be done in 1 1/2 hrs if we just do a main course and dessert? My ADR is set for 5 pm.

Thank you!

Jill

Yes, if you do not order any appetizers 1 1\2 hours should be plenty of time.

We had drinks, apps, dinner, and dessert and still only took about 90 mins. I think the ones you’re seeing saying 2.5 hours is mostly those that are dragging their dinner out so they are can watch Wishes from their table.

If you don’t get to see the fireworks during your meal you can always come back and show your receipt from that day and they will let you go back up to watch from the observation deck.

90 should be fine. When I do signature dining, it’s in an adults-only setting and it’s my “event” for the evening, with no need to rush, so yes, I’ve taken over 2 hours (3 on one occasion, but that was by choice, to spend time with friends who I hadn’t seen in a long time, not out of necessity).

We just did the Brunch over Labor Day. My first photo was at 0959, my last at 1127. So an hour and a half seems about right, even considering differences between brunch and dinner services.