Time Spent making touring plans

ahhh, yep, give me time to adjust :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although Iā€™ll ā€œplay around withā€ TPs early on to get a general ā€œfeelā€ of what I can and canā€™t do in a day, I never get ā€œseriousā€ about them until Iā€™m inside the 60 day window and have my FPPs. ā€œSeriousā€ being a relative term; even once I get to the park, I view a TP as a ā€œstrategyā€, not as a minute-by-minute ā€œscheduleā€.

1 Like

There is an ebook on this site that you can download for free that is incredible for explaining the Harry Potter stuff at Universal. It gives you a breakdown on the background and basics of Harry Potter in general and then gives you tips for The Wizarding World in Universal. I love it!

1 Like

My DS11 has already told me he is narrowing his college choices down to only colleges that have Quidditch teams.

(And Iā€™m with you. Slytherin all the way!) :wink:

2 Likes

Major crush on Alan Rickmanā€¦ever since Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. So sad he is no longer with us :sob:
Just as an aside my neighbour is the actor who played Filch the caretaker and heā€™s definitely on the dak side!! See him in Game of Thrones tooā€¦bad!

1 Like

Oh just spotted your little pic!! Snap :smile:

Replyed to myself there doh!

LOOOOOOOVE Snape! :heart_eyes:

Actually, I really like Alan Rickman overall. Loved him in Dogma!

1 Like

Fitch was great! How fun that heā€™s your neighbor!

1 Like

I made my TPs, then tweaked after getting my FPP times. That was it. I printed and then never had time to look at them in the parks because we were so busy! but I had them memorized so it didnā€™t matter. We followed the plan ~80% of the time. It worked out great and I had enough flexibility built in to accommodate the spur of the moment things we happened upon. Enjoy!

1 Like

Wow! You saved that much in 17 months! Thatā€™s dedication! And inspiring!!

1 Like

Thanks Hi-Ho :slight_smile: Having spent 14 years at home since my girls were babies, with only my husbands income, when I started earning a wage, we just continued how we had been for all those yearsā€¦ and kept my earnings aside for our trip. So, it was fairly easy for us actually. Its going to feel a bit different when we get backā€¦ Iā€™ll be looking to plan something else :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know others have said it, but yeah, I think we all get a little burn out sometimes. When it happens to me, I put down my plans and do something else. Like watch a movie! (Although on my Dalmatian Day I tried to watch the live action 101 Dalmatians and couldnā€™t get into it.)

Your TPs will change a lot between now and your trip. At this point in planning (91 days) I just have TPs as a ā€˜reality checkā€™ against my schedule spreadsheet. But theyā€™re so much fun to play with!

Anyway, your family trip sounds amazing! :smiley:

2 Likes

I have yet to do a ā€˜spreadsheetā€™ of sorts. :slight_smile: I do plan on doing one though.

rebeecky, that ebook is fabulous! thanks for the tip. Some great info in there.

We should do a spreadsheet thread sometime! I love seeing how people organize their trips.

1 Like

Youā€™ve definitely given me food for thought! We were pretty gung-ho about saving for our next trip, but weā€™ve kinda slacked offā€¦but itā€™s time to get back at itā€¦so thanks for the inspiration!!

1 Like