Tiki Room, Cali Grill, Rider Switch and other Random Questions

I’ve found conflicting reports online if they accept 2 credits on the DDP for this. Thoughts?

We had brunch there 3 weeks ago. It was fabulous. It is expensive, but we thought it was worth it considering bottomless mimosas and unlimited sushi.

1 Like

Yes, we just used the DDP and it was 2 credits.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the intel, @DreamLaughImagine.

And if you are using the DDP and are wanting cocktails our server said that I could have a cocktail (one) or bottomless mimosas as my drink option. Everyone 21+ does receive a welcome mimosa. There are also special non-alcoholic drinks. Also you can have more than entree if you want (our server encouraged it, but there was so much food we couldn’t possibly eat more).
It was a very relaxed meal; we weren’t rushed and spent about two hours at brunch.

1 Like

Oh, it’s worth it. We went in January and are going again in July…and probably again in January 2019!

We paid OOP, but have TiW so the 20% discount was nice.

We were there for about 3 hours. The service was amazing. The musicians were great, took requests. Bottomless mimosas. Can order multiple entrees if you choose to. Every CM seems so happy to be a part of that brunch.

!
Bloody Mary (extra charge for this)

Lobster eggs benedict. Could eat this everyday.

My first plate of self serve items.

Can’t wait to go back!!

4 Likes

ok, how do I make a reservation for this incredible experience?

same way you’d make any ADR. Brunch is only on Sundays. It will come up as an option as long as you’re within 180 days and picked a Sunday

^^^^ This. We had great luck wearing our Anniversary Pins. Wear them all the time; its amazing the response you will get from CM’s and other folks in the park.

2 Likes

Wow, @disney1974… what a spread!

A mimosa just for walking through the door. I need more of these in my life.

Great to know… thanks!

1 Like

@profmatt, @DreamLaughImagine, @disney1974

Man. I don’t know… after trying to figure out how to make Brunch at the Top work in our plans, I’m actually thinking that our first experience at California Grill for our anniversary needs to be that classic dinner experience with Happily Ever After in the background.

Yes, my DW would adore brunch with bottomless mimosas, but I need you guys to help sway me into just sticking with our plans as they are. I started playing with our plans today and if we did brunch instead of dinner (assuming, of course, I’m even able to get an ADR for brunch) then it just screws with so many other plans I’ve made for the day - from a BOG lunch we have booked, to FP+ that would need to be changed, to convincing the inlaws to watch our kids during the day instead of at night.

It’s SO HARD letting go of a precious new experience that I just found out about that looks awesome and sounds delicious and omigod includes bottomless mimosas and all you can eat charcuterie… but… I’m OKAY to just… stick. with. dinner. … right you guys?! RIGHT?!

1 Like

Right. Dinner at CG is fabulous and if you have it timed with HEA then that is perfect. Brunch is awesome, but I can definitely see dinner as a more special anniversary celebration. Mimosas are great, but a fabulous bottle of wine is even better.

2 Likes

Thank you. Deep breaths… living with acceptance… repeating to myself: I cannot do everything.

3 Likes

You will be back. It’s okay to start a ‘next time’ list before you go (@profmatt has one). Enjoy the dinner and fireworks.

1 Like

Well, you can’t do everything on this trip alone.

Disney planning is hard precisely because at some point you have to make sacrifices. I’ll make a decision about something and then say, “Well, that’s [X] lost :frowning: .”

1 Like

You know, the time factor is the one thing that I thought of after my last post.

To do the brunch, you really must make it the #1 priority of your whole day.
Everything else revolves around it.

When we went, we did a few things at MK prior to. We made our way to CG and when all was said and done, it was easily a 3.5 hour commitment. I didn’t have any fastpasses planned until about 4:30.

Dinner is fantastic. Again, some of the best service we’ve ever had. I remember the waiter’s name (this was a couple of years ago), which I usually take to mean how memorable in general the experience was.

1 Like

I can only kind of answer this one. We stumbled across the pirate tutorial as we exited Tiki Room one day. The Captain Jack for that hour was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, he could’ve been Johnny Depp. The kids that weren’t completely terrified were having fun, but it was the crowd that was laughing the hardest (some of the jokes were lost on the kids). I don’t remember anyone younger than 4 participating, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t/shouldn’t. You are standing in the direct sunlight the whole time…so if its hot, it may not be great.
I haven’t done Disney with kids since I was the kid, but I’ve noticed that quite a few younger kids use Tiki Room as nap time (I don’t know how, it isn’t quiet).

FYI, the pirate tutorial is no longer available.