Ticketing and a 9/10 year old

Officially cancelled our trip this morning. Countdown went from 7 to 286. :sob::sob::sob: I’m super bummed.

We had 8 day PHs for the kids. Next trip is 12 nights in May ‘21. DD9 turns 10 in October. Does anyone know if I’ll need to convert her ticket to an adult ticket between now and then?

1 Like

I doubt it will matter in this case. They don’t verify age regardless, and under the circumstances I don’t think it would be a problem. It isn’t like you set out trying to skirt the system.

Having said that, if you want to not worry about it, just open a chat session with Disney directly and ask.

I’d love to know what you find out. We have 7 day hoppers we are kicking to next year and have the same thing. 9 yr old turning 10 as well.

You will need to get her an adult ticket. She will show as 10 in your MDE

Kids that turned 3 despite original booking at 2 had to pay.

Really unfortunate but it’s how this whole
Thing is I suppose.

2 Likes

PS Sorry you had to cancel too. :sob:

Thank you. I’m guessing I need to call them to make the adjustment?

I’m sad but was thinking about what you said. I knew it was the right thing for us to do I just couldn’t pull the plug. I’m cancelling the September adult-only trip I had planned for my mom’s 65th today too.

Makes me all the more excited for 12 nights in May! Praying we’ll have gotten a few good punches in on COVID between now and then. :boxing_glove:

7 Likes

I’ve heard of people having to upgrade the child’s ticket to an adult ticket.

It’ll be interesting what Disney says to you.

As an FYI, when you upgrade the ticket to an adult ticket, from recent reports, the ticket will convert to a date based ticket from the current more flexible tickets with an “any use” between now and Sept 2021. Since you can reserve a park with your current ticket I would wait until very close to your trip, when you are sure it will happen, to convert it to am adult ticket.

3 Likes

I just realized we will be in the same boat. Oh well…

We had a similar situation with a 2 year old turning 3 during the closure. We were just told sorry and needed to buy tickets for him. Fortunately the increase from a child ticket to an adult ticket is not a huge increase.

Yes, in the noise of the cost of a vacation for our family.