Okay, so here is a potentially complicated scenario I may have…
My family cancelled our Sept 2020 trip due to COVID. There are 5 of us. We have my DW and myself and 3 kids DS8, DD6, and DD3. Our 3 year old was 2 when we were supposed to go in Sept, so we didn’t have a ticket for her. As you know, WDW extended all tickets through Sept 2021, so we still all have our tickets. We have a trip booked for June 2021 now and will use all of our tickets, no problem. We bought our tickets from a third party to save money, which we saved a ton. So far everything is fine.
Here is where it could get complicated. We know we need to buy DD3 a ticket, and we’ll want to do it relatively soon so we can reserve our park days with out any issues. Because ticket prices have gone up since we originally bought our tickets, and we’d be going in June instead of Sept, it is going to cost about $80 more to buy DD3 a child ticket than it cost to buy my adult ticket. Also, when we booked our room at CBR, we did it with the hope that WDW would offer some kind of discount to save us more.
Now that you’ve read this far, keep going with me down the rabbit hole. If WDW offers a significant AP discount on rooms, we’ve entertained the idea of me upgrading my ticket to an AP since we’d potentially save more money with the discount than it would cost to upgrade to the AP. Remember that my ticket cost me less than it would cost me to buy DD3 a ticket for June. SO, is it at all possible to take my adult ticket and switch it over to DD3, and then buy myself an AP to get all of the discounts? Of course, this would only be if WDW released a 35-40% discount on rooms for AP holders. This wouldn’t even be an idea if the child ticket wasn’t $80 more than my adult ticket from earlier this year. Thanks for putting up with the long post, but I wanted to make sure the details were all here.