Ticket Price Increase 2022

So what’s the increase typically like? I need to buy 6 7-day tickets but right now is not a great time to outlay that kind of cash.

The increase has been about 3% on average, per that article linked above. You are probably better off leaving your money in an investment account and then buying next year. I’d only buy in advance of an increase if you’re going soon.

1 Like

Thanks. The trip is Dec of this year so it’s kind of medium-term. But at 3% it’s not too bad.

1 Like

I don’t recommend any person invest funds in the stock market that may be needed in the next five years or less. Needed in the next year? Playing with fire.
The bigger point remains tho that people can get too cute trying to save a little by committing really far out without understanding all the rules.

2 Likes

Point taken. But there are very stable investments that have a return greater than 3%. Some people have debt on credit cards, car loans, or even mortgages that would provide a greater return than buying WDW tickets a year in advance. Also, if I put money into an investment account rather than buying tickets, I wouldn’t use that money to buy the tickets later. I would use cash that I received from my salary later. So I wouldn’t be withdrawing from my investment account.

That said, if you just have the money laying around and you know you are going to buy the tickets eventually, there’s no harm in doing it if it gives you peace of mind.

1 Like

Personal finance is often more about “personal” than “finance.” Peace of mind matters a lot. A good point.

1 Like

Solid points everyone. I bought mine as my trip is in early April. If my trip was even six-months out, I’d simply pay more at a later date. Simply too much uncertainty these days.

IIRC, 4 5-day tickets for 3 “adults” and one child was around $2,250 so I’m risking being penalized $112 if I don’t go. Worth the risk IMO in this scenario.

1 Like