Ticket Price Bridging and Upgrading to an Annual Pass

Sorry to resurrect a dead horse but I’ve received some conflicting information.
I’m booking a split stay through MVT (my first time using them!), and purchasing the 8 day park hopper’s through them as well. According to the MVT TA, he said I cannot upgrade my MVT tickets to an AP while I’m there, which seems different than the info posted here previously. The ticket does come with 1 bonus feature (waterpark or mini-golf), but I’m willing to ditch the MVT tickets and purchase through UT or Disney direct if I can’t actually upgrade MVT tix to an AP. Does anyone know if what he said is true? TIA!

Am going to tag @SnowWhiteFan, and see if she can help.

1 Like

Thanks @PrincipalTinker! This is my first time using MVT, and my first time doing a split stay so I’m a little unsure of how everything works. I’m also considering adding the dining plan to our package (which is why we are booking a package through MVT instead of room only.)

You could always add the dining plan, even if you do not have tickets. It makes it a “ticketless package”.

1 Like

You can upgrade them to an AP, but you have to pay the full difference in price between the 2! You can do a dining plan without purchasing tickets.

2 Likes

As always, thank you!

Thank you both!

Having successfully bridged discount tickets to APs for both myself and DH, I am now wondering, is it possible to apply a discounted ticket to an AP renewal, and retain the discount?

If so, that would be awesome.

Hi @Lissa,

Magic 8 Ball says YES. :slight_smile:

Actually, Have heard of other Liners reporting, plus this Disney Tourist Blog post reports it as possible as well.

1 Like

Oooh … this could get interesting. I have a ticket bought in Feb. 2016 (7 day PH, paid $418, expires in 2035)

My AP expired this month (5/6), but our plans won’t get us back to WDW until December, and then not again until - maybe - next May or June, and possibly not until fall/early winter 2019. So, I was not going to renew, and just purchase a new AP this December.

DH’s AP expires September 8, and I was weighing whether to renew online for a 15% discount, or purchase new in December with a discounted ticket bridged.

Oh bother … /Pooh

Well, that’s a lot of factors. I’m not sure you can do the bridged renewal unless you are at GS in park.

I’d also guess if you are thinking of using that Feb 2016 ticket, they will likely make you pay the differential value to bump it up to the 2018 gate price from the 2016 gate price.

But, you never know.

Or at least the 2017 price. Since 2016 was the last year they sold tickets without an expiration date… so they at least know it wasn’t purchased after the February 2017 price increase

Just FY’allsI … I made an impromptu visit to WDW last week, on a lark (Who does that? No plans, only a few FPs, no ADRs!!! Eek!) and while there, I bridged a discount ticket I purchased in February 2017, before the price increase and new shorter expiration dates … so two price increases since then … and the GS CM bridged it without blinking an eye! I paid $418 for a 7 day hopper, and paid $361 to upgrade to a Platinum AP. I saved $125!

In a couple weeks, I’m going back with DH, and he will renew his AP, which expired two days ago. Using the spread sheet, I found the most heavily discounted ticket is a 10 day PH Plus from Boardwalk, for $527. With the discount for renewing within 30 days of expiration, we should only have to pay $166.83, a savings of $74.48, plus the 15% discount for renewing within 30 days of expiration - $135.63 - total savings of $210!!

2 Likes

Terrific! Thanks for the report!

Now, if my time machine only worked and I could go back and buy some 10 day park hoppers in 2017.
or better yet, 1983. :wink:

1 Like

I know, right? If I had known, I would have bought a bunch of those 7 day PH for $418 last year! That’s a huge discount, and gets better every year.

Oh, and another FYI … my daughter bought the biggest discount tickets to bridge to APs for her family. She upgraded at Epcot GS, but the cost was some crazy number that I couldn’t figure out how the CM arrived at. We didn’t catch it until later, so we called Disney GS, and they gave us the difference as a refund to the credit card. The GS CM on the phone acknowledged it was a discount ticket, but also stated it should have been given the gate price credit, and congratulated us on knowing how to save money. So, they aren’t trying to wring every penny out of us on this, and happily allow the discount to bridge.

1 Like

Has anyone tried converting a discounted ticket to an AP lately? The last time I did this (6/2017), the CM at MK somehow knew what I paid UT for the tickets, and wanted to credit me only for the discounted UT price. I finally found a CM at AK who also knew what the UT discounted price was, but agreed to bridge it at the current WDW Gate price. I got the impression that WDW was starting to instruct the CM’s to discontinue converting at the Gate price for discounted tickets.

AFAIK bridging still remains the same. As you discovered, the two most important things are to know exactly what amount you should be paying and finding a CM who knows how to do it correctly.